1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 03:30
    Originally posted by whodey
    Don't knock till ya try it!! Then again, maybe its not kinky enough for ya. 😛
    I'm afraid it would be an instant turn off for my wife. Maybe if we prayed really naughty things to Lascivia, the goddess of erotic passion, she might get a kick out of it. 😵
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 06:331 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Dr. Phil was on TBN.

They where talking about relationships and Dr. Phil said that 1 in 2 marriages end in a devorice. But he also said that in marriages that the couples pray together 1 in 10,000 get a devorice.
    I wonder if that is true whatever their religion.

Those statistics also mean that >50% of married people do not pray with their spouse. That makes me think that they are either atheist or really bad theists.

There are of course many possible reasons for the original statistic (if it is genuine).
    1. It shows that there is at least some communication, so those marriages that are essentially destined for divorce anyway will not pray together thus the prayer is a result not a cause.
    2. Very religious people often do not divorce for social reasons even when the people in question would probably be better off divorcing.
    3. If you believe that divorce is against your religion then you are less likely to go through with it. That doesn't seem to stop people having affairs or living apart etc even though such action is presumably even more against their religion. This makes it look like the social aspect is the true reason.
    4. Praying together does help a marriage in various ways but it is not the only way to achieve the same result. In fact Dr. Phil suggests quite a lot of ways to improve communication etc in a marriage and I don't remember him putting prayer at the top of the list.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 07:28
    Before I was married, someone told me to pray before having sex. So I have done it both praying and not praying. Praying I last longer and it is a lot better. P.S. a lot is two words.
    Which position most glorifies God? The missionary position? The cross position?
  4. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 09:09
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Dr. Phil on top .... while you pray and watch .
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 10:291 edit
    Originally posted by telerion
    I'm afraid it would be an instant turn off for my wife. Maybe if we prayed really naughty things to Lascivia, the goddess of erotic passion, she might get a kick out of it. 😵
    Hey, at least its a start. 😛
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 14:32
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I wonder if that is true whatever their religion.

Those statistics also mean that >50% of married people do not pray with their spouse. That makes me think that they are either atheist or really bad theists.

There are of course many possible reasons for the original statistic (if it is genuine).
    1. It shows that there is at least some communication ...[text shortened]... ommunication etc in a marriage and I don't remember him putting prayer at the top of the list.
    All good points. I get tired of enumerating them everytime I see suspect statistics. Thus, I skip straight to "sounds like BS" where "BS" can have its usual meaning or, if more appropriate, can mean "Bad Statistics."
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 20:44
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Whatever is Biblical glorifies God.
  8. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 22:50
    Dr. Phil was on TBN.

They where talking about relationships and Dr. Phil said that 1 in 2 marriages end in a devorice. But he also said that in marriages that the couples pray together 1 in 10,000 get a devorice.
    This is BS.

Nemesio
  9. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 22:51
    Before I was married, someone told me to pray before having sex. So I have done it both praying and not praying. Praying I last longer and it is a lot better. P.S. a lot is two words.
    You should try Kegel exercises. They work even better than prayer.

Nemesio
  10. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 23:121 edit
    Dr. Phil is a charlatan. Do you know what a charlatan is, RBHILL? A good way to recognize them is noticing that they use the title Doctor with a first name or a nickname. Dr. Dino is another good example.
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 23:46
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Dr. Phil is a charlatan. Do you know what a charlatan is, RBHILL? A good way to recognize them is noticing that they use the title Doctor with a first name or a nickname. Dr. Dino is another good example.
    Or Dr. Scribbles.
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    08 Sep '07 00:02
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Or Dr. Scribbles.
    That's a last name. Another example is Dr. Laura.
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    08 Sep '07 02:12
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    That\'s a last name. Another example is Dr. Laura.
    Looks like a nickname from here.

http://www.drscribbles.com/
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    08 Sep '07 03:18
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Or Dr. Scribbles.
    . . . except that he is a Dr.

Oh, and a pretty good player of the Smith-Morra gambit I might add.
  15. Standard memberscekk
    Just Me
    Moves
    08 Sep '07 05:05
    The number one cause for divorce is marriage

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree