1. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 17:28
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    My argument would indeed be bunk if that was what I was saying. My hope with the computer argument was that it may show how logically a machine could A) not really be sentient or aware in the way we understand it or B) not reallty be held morally responsible because a machine does what a machine does. als C) that since we do not and would not dream of holding our home PC morally responsible , why would we hold a more sophisticated computer morally responsible.

Well, you've not shown this because, again, your proof is based upon the abrogation of logic. That is,
    the advantage of using a computer would be to have absolute perfection in the adherence of a fully
    discernible program. Yet, your 'proof' requires a 'logic crash.' You haven't shown why such a logic
    crash is demonstrably necessary or why the crash yields necessarily conclusion 'A' (shock) versus
    conclusion 'B' (not shock).

As it pertains to your goals:

A) Not shown;
    B) Not shown;
    C) Not shown.

You've shown nothing but that your argument requires the suspension of logic to believe.

Nemesio
  2. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 22:091 edit
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    You've shown nothing but that your argument requires the suspension of logic to believe.
    Shall I take your nearly constant evasion over the past two weeks as a
    concession that your argument is bunk?
  3. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 22:32
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Shall I take your nearly constant evasion over the past two weeks as a
    concession that your argument is bunk?
    LOL! I'll take that as a yes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree