Moves
    01 Nov '10 05:58
    For those interested, another fine statement from the Nyingma site:

http://www.nyingma.com/artman/publish/everyday_dzogchen.shtml
  2. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 00:10
    Yo, I haven't read all this but I love this, and have much experienced this with a great awakening and transformation of consciousness 12 years ago I believe.~

>>>We should experience everything totally, never withdrawing into ourselves as a marmot hides in its hole. This practice releases
    tremendous energy which is usually constricted by the process of maintaining fixed reference points. Referentiality is the process by
    which we retreat from the direct experience of everyday life.

Being present in the moment may initially trigger fear. But by welcoming the sensation of fear with complete openness, we cut through
    the barriers created by habitual emotional patterns.

When we engage in the practice of discovering space, we should develop the feeling of opening ourselves out completely to the entire universe. We should open ourselves with absolute simplicity and nakedness of mind. This is the powerful and ordinary practice of dropping the mask of self-protection.<<<

It's like singing out in front of public giving a rats ass whether or not you sound to the tee yet have such the FEEL of expressing so much LOVE you would love others to have this experience.

Like you're outside singing at the top of your lungs as if the world was an enormous shower and your bathing yourself to have others recognize they can too.

I had a woman once come up to me and tell me I should be in an Opera with my loud voice. I said to her she would have the same as mine if she knew where it came from! =p

I used to sing rather loud out on the beaches of Waikiki near the Hilton "All you need is LOVE! Not lust... All you need is LOVE! Not lust... All you need is "GOD", sweet LOVE,,,,, LOVE is all you need...." "It means no worries for the rest of your days. It's a problem free,,, philosophy,,, HakUna MaTata!!!" =p
  3. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 02:041 edit
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    Yo, I haven't read all this but I love this, and have much experienced this with a great awakening and transformation of consciousness 12 years ago I believe.~

>>>We should experience everything totally, never withdrawing into ourselves as a marmot hides in its hole. This practice releases
    tremendous energy which is usually constricted by the pro s for the rest of your days. It's a problem free,,, philosophy,,, HakUna MaTata!!!" =p
    Good onya Taco. I'm not sure that's exactly what the writer had in mind, but it sure sounds close. Once you get to the point you describe, the power of "approval/disapproval" tends to lessen a lot and you have greater personal freedom to check out whatever you feel is right for you and not just what others think. A lot believe things or go along with them because of the pressure of groupthink. Singing at the top of your voice in nature (hope its reasonable sounding 🙂) is like being a happy human bird! But expect to have some think you are quite mad.

I think it is a very important place to be able to stand. It doesn't mean one gets it automatically right, but one's stuff-ups and dead ends are at least one's own, not someone else's, and freedom remains to go and explore where one's wants to as and when one feels its the right time. It is a form of letting go the too strict hold on "self", and is a reflection of what is meant in Buddhist understanding of seeing ourselves not quite so defined. It is freeing. And more magic appears to arise too.

Thanks for your post.
  4. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 02:25
    I don't think a bit of good ol' lust is necessarily bad either. Pretty human, and its all part of the Great. All in balance.
  5. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 02:26
    Originally posted by Taoman
    Good onya Taco. I'm not sure that's exactly what the writer had in mind, but it sure sounds close. Once you get to the point you describe, the power of "approval/disapproval" tends to lessen a lot and you have greater personal freedom to check out whatever you feel is right for you and not just what others think. A lot believe things or go along with them bec ...[text shortened]... defined. It is freeing. And more magic appears to arise too.

Thanks for your post.
    To be quite honest with you as you express your love and restrain not, but sing in praise for which it is of speaking, you sound extremely well.

For you acknowledge who actually is the singer, not you, but the LOVE behind it, the SOURCE, as you are imaging it forth of it's likeness. =]
  6. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 03:14
    To be quite honest with you as you express your love and restrain not, but sing in praise for which it is of speaking, you sound extremely well.

For you acknowledge who actually is the singer, not you, but the LOVE behind it, the SOURCE, as you are imaging it forth of it's likeness. =]
    I bow.
  7. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 03:54
    I ask that you not do such a thing, though appreciate the sentiment! =]
  8. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 13:58
    I ask that you not do such a thing, though appreciate the sentiment! =]
    I unbow.
  9. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 23:08
    Originally posted by Taoman
    I unbow.
    I love hugs huhu

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree