1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '15 16:57
    "Early in life we begin to think and choose..." (1 of 3)

Early in life we begin to think and choose; the scope of our decision process gradually becomes enlarged. With the passage of time all information we accept as true and assimilate determines our operative frames of reference which govern how we view, respond or react to new information, ideas, issues and other people. We become what we eat and drink physically and what we think in our innermost beings. "For as he [a man] thinks within himself, so he is." Proverbs 23:7 Your thoughts?
  2. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '15 17:14
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Early in life we begin to think and choose..." (1 of 3)

Early in life we begin to think and choose; the scope of our decision process gradually becomes enlarged. With the passage of time all information we accept as true and assimilate determines our operative frames of reference which govern how we view, respond or react to new information, ...[text shortened]... ermost beings. "For as he [a man] thinks within himself, so he is." Proverbs 23:7 Your thoughts?[/b]
    I wish the religious institutions would take this into consideration when indoctrinating very young children with their "truths". I think a child's deductive and reasoning capabilities should be allowed to develop before other people's beliefs are forced into them.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Mar '15 17:52
    Originally posted by OdBod
    ...before other people's beliefs are forced into them.
    Again with the forcing?

Who is forcing whom?
  4. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '15 18:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Again with the forcing?

Who is forcing whom?
    No wonder your picture is super woman, you must come from another planet if you seriously think religions don't try to get young children under their influence, BEFORE those children can effectively question and challenge the views being fed to them.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Mar '15 18:26
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Early in life we begin to think and choose..." (1 of 3)

Early in life we begin to think and choose; the scope of our decision process gradually becomes enlarged. With the passage of time all information we accept as true and assimilate determines our operative frames of reference which govern how we view, respond or react to new information, ideas, ...[text shortened]... ermost beings. "For as he [a man] thinks within himself, so he is." Proverbs 23:7 Your thoughts?
    I would say its largely true. But do not confuse this with the claim that therefore everyone is equal in how they handle new information, or that therefore rational people like me are as equally likely to be wrong as irrational people like you.
    How we respond to new information is different, but it is still possible to determine the accuracy of information.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree