1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 06:27
    In the early years of Christianity, if those who did not believe in Christ's divinity had prevailed over those that did, and they had therefore dominated and controlled Christianity before [let's say] the C5th and then through history and carried it forward to the present day, what would the C21st world be like in religious terms and what tangible differences would there be?

"Ebionites is a patristic term referring to a Jewish Christian movement that existed during the early centuries of the Christian Era. They regarded Jesus of Nazareth as the Messiah while rejecting his divinity and insisted on the necessity of following Jewish law and rites. The Ebionites used only one of the Jewish Gospels, revered James the Just and rejected Paul the Apostle as an apostate from the Law." wiki.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 16:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    In the early years of Christianity, if those who did not believe in Christ's divinity had prevailed over those that did, and they had therefore dominated and controlled Christianity before [let's say] the C5th and then through history and carried it forward to the present day, what would the C21st world be like in religious terms and what tangible differences wo ...[text shortened]... ls, revered James the Just and rejected Paul the Apostle as an apostate from the Law."[/i] wiki.
    Christianity would possibly look more like Islam, with a God figure Jehovah and his prophet Jesus.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 17:12
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Christianity would possibly look more like Islam, with a God figure Jehovah and his prophet Jesus.
    Maybe there would have been no crusades in the tenth century and no Jihads now.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 19:091 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    In the early years of Christianity, if those who did not believe in Christ's divinity had prevailed over those that did, and they had therefore dominated and controlled Christianity before [let's say] the C5th and then through history and carried it forward to the present day, what would the C21st world be like in religious terms and what tangible differences wo ...[text shortened]... ls, revered James the Just and rejected Paul the Apostle as an apostate from the Law."[/i] wiki.
    We don't need to worry about that because they did not prevail, as Jesus said they wouldn't, because they were wrong. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree