1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 13:511 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"Now, ask yourself, why would the rules suddenly change when you compare the genome of two species, and find that they too have commonalities that allows us to draw the same conclusion from the exact same kind of evidence, that they too had a common ancestor at some point in the more distant past?"

How does the commonalities of the genome of two sp ...[text shortened]... at doesn't cause me to think evolution is a valid argument for the existence of biological life.[/b]
    But you haven't undertaken the life long journey of an archaeologist or some such so you don't know what they have seen. You can only cast doubts after the fact with no study but what you think happened as a result of biblical tales. Like the sequence of robin hood begat wesley who begat Kim Kardashian who begat Robin Williams who begat President Washington.

You just automatically assume those verses to be absolute truth irregardless of the fact that separate chapters were written hundreds of years apart and vast gaps of time appear that have clear attempts to close all the gaps but that is impossible when one dude writes a verse about who begat whom and two hundred years later another begat begins.

That is the most ridiculous way to judge the age of the Earth ever conceived.

Even if the timeline is 100% accurate, all that does is point to the era when the original fairy tales of plagiarized Egyptian 6 day creation tale was copped by Mo when he lived in Egypt. He was not a peasant, he was educated so he CERTAINLY would have heard that particular creation myth thousands of years old even in Mo's time.
  2. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 13:54
    [b]"Now, ask yourself, why would the rules suddenly change when you compare the genome of two species, and find that they too have commonalities that allows us to draw the same conclusion from the exact same kind of evidence, that they too had a common ancestor at some point in the more distant past?"

How does the commonalities of the genome of two sp ...[text shortened]... at doesn't cause me to think evolution is a valid argument for the existence of biological life.[/b]
    Thread 161601
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 14:14
    Evolution is falsifiable?

Then why believe it? 🙄

Truth can't be falsified.
    aww, you're adorable.

that doesn't what falsifiable means

if i claim that light travels at c in void, all you have to do is measure its speed and prove me wrong. that's what falsifiable means, that you can have a test that will falsify a prediction.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 14:40
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    aww, you're adorable.

if i claim that light travels at c in void, all you have to do is measure its speed and prove me wrong. that's what falsifiable means, that you can have a test that will falsify a prediction.
    I predict RJ will poo poo yet another proof of evolution. Is that falsifiable?
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 19:15
    There it is. Science wins the debate. In just over 150 years science has developed an irrefutable argument of such sophistication that only the truly enlightened can comprehend it. An argument so profound not even God can refute it. All who believe in God are destined to fade away with their God.

Jesus is dead.

You're on your own.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 19:171 edit
    There are a number of problems yecs have with evolution. while that is sad, when some of the problems stated stem from a poor understanding of science, it becomes sadded. and funnier.

So i wish to institute a program: educate your yec.
    lesson 1: Evolutionism IS falsifiable.
    Directly from wiki:
    evolution is considered falsifiable because it can ...[text shortened]... esult of an experiment or investigation could be the unpredictable action of an omnipotent deity
    Evolution has been falsified because the fossil record does show no change from one kind of animal to another over time. The fossil record also shows a sudden appearance of pratically all the vertebrate animals without any intermediate links from one kind to another. Supernatural creation was only done in the beginning, which is consistent with what is observed today.

Darwin's observation of the different variety of beaks on finches was described as "natural selection" and not proof of evolution or the orgin of the species. That is not something that is disputed by YEC anymore than selective breeding of dogs and other animals. We just dispute that as an example of an evolutionary change.

The creation theory predicts that animals will only reproduce after their own kind and that is always what we see. That means the the creation theory has been confirmed by all the experiments throughout history.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 19:24
    aww, you're adorable.

"that's what falsifiable means, that you can have a test that will falsify a prediction" that is false.

Fixed.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 19:311 edit
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Lesson 2 (if I may): It's a gradual process.

It's not: monkey -> monkey -> monkey -> human. The progeny is always the same species as the progenitor(s). Dawkins gave an excellent analogy using age. It's not that you go to bed in the evening and in the morning you're old. It's a smooth, hardly noticable process of change from hour to hour, and then years l ...[text shortened]... e between the original population and the latest is so big, that you in fact have a new species.
    A human or any kind of animal has never been observed (real science) to change from one kind to another. A human may change as he grows old, but then he dies. That is another falsification of the theory of evolution.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 19:41
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    A human or any kind of animal has never been observed (real science) to change from one kind to another. A human may change as he grows old, but then he dies. That is another falsification of the theory of evolution.
    That is a prime example of the falsification in your mind. That is as much a bullshyte answer as you have given here. Gee, you watch a dog all its life and it NEVER turns into a tadpole. Who would have known.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 20:25
    Evolution has been falsified because the fossil record does show no change from one kind of animal to another over time. The fossil record also shows a sudden appearance of pratically all the vertebrate animals without any intermediate links from one kind to another. Supernatural creation was only done in the beginning, which is consistent with what is obs ...[text shortened]... That means the the creation theory has been confirmed by all the experiments throughout history.
    It doesn't matter what true science says RJ. The true believer in evolution has bought the farm and is sold out. All that's left is the agenda. Kill God.
  11. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 07:00
    It doesn't matter what true science says RJ. The true believer in evolution has bought the farm and is sold out. All that's left is the agenda. Kill God.
    Are you saying that true science doesn't need explanations to be falsifiable?
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 08:41
    There it is. Science wins the debate. In just over 150 years science has developed an irrefutable argument of such sophistication that only the truly enlightened can comprehend it.
    I am sure you could comprehend it if you had the interest in doing so. Education these days is totally free and available to anyone with internet access.
    But you are generally correct. Understanding science does require an education - otherwise we wouldn't waste so many years of our children's lives sending them to school to study science. But understanding the basics doesn't take a lot - the Yale course I refereed you to will probably give you most of the ground work that you need.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 16:52
    Originally posted by JS357
    "that's what falsifiable means, that you can have a test that will falsify a prediction" that is false.

Fixed.
    aren't you the grammar nazi. yes, if you can prove a prediction is false, that prediction was false.

glad you clarified it
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 16:59
    so amusing to see you prove your ignorance.
    we totally have in fact proven many times how one species evolved from another. there are countless intermediary fossils spanning millions of years that prove how one species gradually turned into another.

how about you check lesson 2: evolution on a macro scale is gradual and you will never see results in just one or two generations.

however in just one or two generations you can see countless micro evolution examples. which even your dumb "kind" can't ignore. that's why you don't ask for TB medicine from 100 years ago.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 17:01
    evolution has nothing to do with god. the whole of the catholic church has no problem stating that god used evolution to create the world and that believing in a 6 day creation story is idiotic.

only you few flavors of american protestants believe in such absolute nonsense.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree