El Gibbor

El Gibbor

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Dec 09

Isaiah 9:6

The God Man.

Can't be clearer.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
24 Dec 09

Originally posted by josephw

The God Man.

Can't be clearer.
Too bad you're not as clear.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
24 Dec 09

This is a pretty good translation.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Dec 09

Originally posted by rwingett
Too bad you're not as clear.
An Obfuscation.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Dec 09

Originally posted by kirksey957
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS3vpAWW2Zc

This is a pretty good translation.
That was nice.

IC

Moves
25 Dec 09

Originally posted by josephw

The God Man.

Can't be clearer.
Almighty God is the literal translation for El Gibbor. Elohim Gibbor is Almighty God, from my understanding if the "Hebrew God names." El Shaddai is also said to mean God Almighty, but may more correctly be the All Sufficient God.

What I found most interesting about the God names is in the OT KJV, when it says LORD all in smaller caps, it refers to the Tetragrammaton, or the Holiest God name, YHWH.

rc

Moves
25 Dec 09
2 edits

Originally posted by Ice Cold
Almighty God is the literal translation for El Gibbor. Elohim Gibbor is Almighty God, from my understanding if the "Hebrew God names." El Shaddai is also said to mean God Almighty, but may more correctly be the All Sufficient God.

What I found most interesting about the God names is in the OT KJV, when it says LORD all in smaller caps, it refers to the Tetragrammaton, or the Holiest God name, YHWH.
actually my learned friend, el Gibbor means mighty God, that is why the phrase at Isaiah is rendered imaginatively enough, mighty God and not Almighty God, and is used exclusively for Jesus Christ, Almighty God is el shaddai, and is nowhere used with reference to Jesus Christ.

(Isaiah 9:6-7) . . .. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God (el Gibbor), Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. To the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom in order to establish it firmly and to sustain it by means of justice and by means of righteousness, from now on and to time indefinite.. . .

(Genesis 17:1) When Abram got to be ninety-nine years old, then Jehovah appeared to Abram and said to him: “I am God Almighty (el Shaddai). Walk before me and prove yourself faultless. . .

IC

Moves
26 Dec 09
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
actually my learned friend, el Gibbor means mighty God, that is why the phrase at Isaiah is rendered imaginatively enough, mighty God and not Almighty God, and is used exclusively for Jesus Christ, Almighty God is el shaddai, and is nowhere used with reference to Jesus Christ.

(Isaiah 9:6-7) . . .. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, ...[text shortened]... d said to him: “I am God Almighty (el Shaddai). Walk before me and prove yourself faultless. . .
Thank you for your most enlightening and informative post. Many don't understand the meaning and or the significance of the various God names. They each have a correlation to the many facets of the same God.

Some lesser known god names:
El Dorado, the car god of rich and affluent people
El Camino, the car god of poor white trash
El Jabel, the miniature car god, who's followers wear odd hats.
El Way, The football god of Colorado

rc

Moves
26 Dec 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Ice Cold
Thank you for your most enlightening and informative post. Many don't understand the meaning and or the significance of the various God names. They each have a correlation to the many facets of the same God.

Some lesser known god names:
El Dorado, the car god of rich and affluent people
El Camino, the car god of poor white trash
El Jabel, the miniature car god, who's followers wear odd hats.
El Way, The football god of Colorado
Lol, its very funny! i think if i was in America,i would be 'white trash', well more like 'pink trash', as they say, and my wife would be 'brown trash', and my son, ' a mixture of pink and brown trash'. 🙂

IC

Moves
26 Dec 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Lol, its very funny! i think if i was in America,i would be 'white trash', well more like 'pink trash', as they say, and my wife would be 'brown trash', and my son, ' a mixture of pink and brown trash'. 🙂
Sounds like a typical family in America. Most of the neigbors in my area are hispanic, but there are many mixed race families here also.