1. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 01:451 edit
    I won't go into religion being a good or bad thing. In my opinion it has a lot of both.
    The point is: religion is wrong. So, it must be ended. All good things religion has to offer can be achieved by other means (charity, morale, introspection, etc). Therefore, it's useless.

What can be done to eradicate this social cancer?

EDIT: All other religions
  2. The sky
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 01:47
    This is an awkward situation. God just told us to end religion.
  3. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 01:51
    I thought we we're starting a religion.... Now you want to end all religion? Most gods just want all other religions ended.... You must be a god if your that extreme..... We Believe

Give us a mircale involving juniper bushes and Im sold]

He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy......
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 01:57
    Originally posted by Mexico
    I thought we we're starting a religion.... Now you want to end all religion? Most gods just want all other religions ended.... You must be a god if your that extreme..... We Believe

Give us a mircale involving juniper bushes and Im sold]

He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy......
    God only favours the worth full.
    Prove yourself to God and you will see the miracle.
    Only those pure of heart and truly procrastinate shall see the grace of God.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 01:59
    The last man who came exposing religion and replacing religion with something real, was condemned to be crucified.
  6. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 02:04
    Originally posted by jaywill
    The last man who came exposing religion and replacing religion with something real, was condemned to be crucified.
    Now there are no Romans nor crucifixes... hm... but there are Americans and electric chairs...
    Doesn't sound a very appealing symbol... but I guess crucifixes didn't sound appealing back then too..
  7. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 02:05
    Originally posted by jaywill
    And in doing so became yet another self propagating myth (read religion) causing people to behave irrationally in his name......

Plus a little more respect in your tone when you speak to the god of someone else's religion thank you 😛
    Or we'll have you procrastinatedafied......

-Mexico-
    -High Procrastinator of the Church of Procrastination-
  8. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 02:13
    And in doing so became yet another self propagating myth (read religion) causing people to behave irrationally in his name......

Plus a little more respect in your tone when you speak to the god of someone else's religion thank you 😛
    Or we'll have you procrastinatedafied......

-Mexico-
    -High Procrastinator of the Church of Procrastination-
    Those who shall disrespect God will be outcast for the rest of their lives to a hard working job , with no pauses or weekends. So it is written.
    Book of Procrastination, Genesis, 1:21
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 02:421 edit
    ============================

==================================

No He didn't. He's still the same. And we disciples follow Him in His resurrected state as the life givng Spirit.

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

For the last 2,000 plus years there has always been some who experience Christ in reality. There has always been a line of real experiencers of Christ.

Some cowardly types however look around and throw up their hands and don't follow the Lord Jesus. They figure they'll end up in some kind of falsehood or hypocrisy so why even try.

Handy excuse for their cowardice, assuming that they'll fair no better than those whom they judge to be reasons for they themselves not answering the call to follow Jesus.

===================================
    Plus a little more respect in your tone when you speak to the god of someone else's religion thank you
    ====================================

You lost me here. Do you mean more respect in tone in talking about someone else's "self propogating myth?"
  10. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 02:51
    That's exactly what I mean........ It's called humor you should try it out sometime.... I've always found people who call themselves devout Christians tend to take themselves far far to seriously.... If you can't laugh about something what's the point? Except Jesuits any Jesuit priest I've ever come across has tended to be a decent sort.... But then they are Left wing priests generally........

As for Jesus, don't spout religious babble at me please.... If you want to make a point make it...... Supposedly Jesus died and in doing so caused people to blow everything out of proportion and propagate his own legend..... Nobody knows even if he existed, although he probably did and was just a decent person who had a good message..... Not the son of god.... And as with everything else in religion that message got taken to unusual extremes
  11. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 03:04
    That's exactly what I mean........ It's called humor you should try it out sometime.... I've always found people who call themselves devout Christians tend to take themselves far far to seriously.... If you can't laugh about something what's the point? Except Jesuits any Jesuit priest I've ever come across has tended to be a decent sort.... But then they are ...[text shortened]... od.... And as with everything else in religion that message got taken to unusual extremes
    Have you read Master and Marguerita, by Bulgakov?
    It has some chapters where they talk about Jesus. I think what's written there was very close to what happened. Jesus was such a great speacher and with such great ideas, people got really inspired in him. Tales grew about him, and soon enough a little exaggeration was made. When people wrote about him, story was already completely altered.
    We see that happen so often nowadays. Is it so hard to admit the possibility that what's written in the Bible might be a little incorrect?? Jesus' message was great. You don't have to make him a God to validate the message.
  12. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 03:46
    Can't say I have read the book..... And people aren't trying to validate Jesus' message.... Its a valid message on its own..... Their trying to validate their existence and pass responsibility for the state of the world in general to some "higher power" most of the time anyway..... And I bet they sleep like babies too. The devoutly religious tend to want to press their message more than actually do good for the sake of good. Which as far as I'm concerned was the general Idea behind Jesus' message

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree