1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 20:10
    Before asking my question, here's a trailer for an DVD documentary to be released in June. I'll probably view it though it may be a bit over the top. We'll see.

http://www.thegodmovie.com/

I bring it up because the trailer mentions that 22% of Americans are certain that Jesus is coming back within 50 years, and another 22% think it is likely that he will come back in 50 years.

It seems crazy, but the end times market is huge here in the US.

One evidence of this is the incredible popularity of the Apocalyptic series, "Left Behind." Another is the new mini-series on NBC, "Revelations."

Now having seen numerous promos for "Revelations," I am puzzled as to who the target audience is.

The conservative American evangelicals and pentecostals (usual crowd for this sort of genre) will probably not watch it because it is not Biblical in its depiction of the endtimes. They will just chalk it up to Hollywood screwing up the Bible yet again.

I think the secular crowd will just role their eyes and switch to something more interesting.

Maybe some Catholics will watch?

So my question is how would you categorize your theism and more importantly do you plan to watch the series (why? or why not?).
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 20:16
    Originally posted by telerion
    Before asking my question, here's a trailer for an DVD documentary to be released in June. I'll probably view it though it may be a bit over the top. We'll see.

I bring it up because the trailer mentions that 22% of Americans are certain that Jesus is coming back within 50 years, and another 22% think it is likely that ...[text shortened]... categorize your theism and more importantly do you plan to watch the series (why? or why not?).
    I took a look at it for a minute. But American Idol is on ata the same time. And I also have a Wed. Night class.
  3. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 20:38
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I took a look at it for a minute. But American Idol is on ata the same time. And I also have a Wed. Night class.
    LOL
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 20:41

I bring it up because the trailer mentions that 22% of Americans are certain that Jesus is coming back within 50 years, and another 22% think it is likely that ...[text shortened]... categorize your theism and more importantly do you plan to watch the series (why? or why not?).
    It's very simple: 44% of Americans want the world to end, because living in a conservative run country make life so miserable.
    Another 44% just want the conservative government to end.
    and the othe 12% just want beer.
  5. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 21:26

'Fanatical fundamentalism' 😀 and yes, so I can correct any errors people might think are true.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree