1. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    07 May '05 05:39
    "The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly
    teaches me to suspect that my own is also." - Mark Twain

i think this quote carries some truth to it, which is applicable to any faith-based religion. for virtually every religion in existence, there will be somebody who dismisses it as folly with easy confidence.

additionally, by adhering strictly to one religion, you are, in a sense, dismissing all others as folly (implicitly, at least temporarily even the ones you don't know anything about).

here's to hoping that you're right!
    (translation: here's to hoping that i'm right!)

optional aside: rlevitealy rcneet mdecial rsaecerh has sohwn taht msot poelpe raed srmacbled wrods as quikcly as tehy do coercrtly slleped wrdos, porvdied taht the scmarlbed words mianaitn the rletaive positoins of the frsit and lsat lertets. tuhs: you shulod be radeing tihs quilcky.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    07 May '05 05:44
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    "The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly
    teaches me to suspect that my own is also." - [b]Mark Twain

i think this quote carries some truth to it, which is applicable to any faith-based religion. for virtually every religion in existence, there will be somebody who dismisses it as folly with easy confidence.
    ...[text shortened]... the rletaive positoins of the frsit and lsat lertets. tuhs: you shulod be radeing tihs quilcky.[/b]
    Yes, all the people who have been so critical of my skepticism have shown no reluctance to dismiss my new found super-spiritual Muffy.

I love Mark Twain.

Finally, that aside is one of the coolest things. Really amazing. Deserves a rec just for that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree