1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 00:11
    I visit a man who is in his 70's and is terminally ill. He has recently been trading his pain medication for sexual favors from a prostitute. In my organization we have volunteer that do a variety of services from cutting hair to just sitting with a patient while their family can go to the grocery store and run errands and such. They provide much needed companionship and support.

Here is my question: In this particular situation would it not be appropiate to enlist a volunteer prostitute (I know that is a contradiction in terms) to provide sexual favors so he can keep his pain medicine?

Give me your thoughts.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 00:24
    Don't contract out, if you are a true Christian you'll do it yourself.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 00:261 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Don't contract out, if you are a true Christian you'll do it yourself.
    Christians hire missionaries to do their "dirty work." This could be a sacred calling.
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 00:43
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Christians hire missionaries to do their "dirty work." This could be a sacred calling.
    Sex is dirty.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 01:33
    I visit a man who is in his 70's and is terminally ill. He has recently been trading his pain medication for sexual favors from a prostitute. In my organization we have volunteer that do a variety of services from cutting hair to just sitting with a patient while their family can go to the grocery store and run errands and such. They provide much neede ...[text shortened]... in terms) to provide sexual favors so he can keep his pain medicine?

Give me your thoughts.
    Give me your thoughts.
    Anything would be an improvement on yours. Clearly.
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 01:54
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]Give me your thoughts.
    Anything would be an improvement on yours. Clearly.[/b]
    So what is your rejection of the idea of someone volunteering to give this guy one for the greater good?
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 01:571 edit
    I visit a man who is in his 70's and is terminally ill. He has recently been trading his pain medication for sexual favors from a prostitute. In my organization we have volunteer that do a variety of services from cutting hair to just sitting with a patient while their family can go to the grocery store and run errands and such. They provide much neede ...[text shortened]... in terms) to provide sexual favors so he can keep his pain medicine?

Give me your thoughts.
    If you can get him a bedbuddy (your "volunteer prostitute" ) then it would definitely be a very good thing.
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 02:13
    [b]Give me your thoughts.
    Anything would be an improvement on yours. Clearly.[/b]
    He gets to keep his pain medication so he can die without pain hopefully. He gets a "relationship." The prostitute learns to practice charity.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 08:42
    He gets to keep his pain medication so he can die without pain hopefully. He gets a "relationship." The prostitute learns to practice charity.
    Christians don't care about pain. They only live to obey some superpowerful guy they think exists for no particular reason.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 09:43
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Christians don't care about pain. They only live to obey some superpowerful guy they think exists for no particular reason.
    Actually I think you will find that 99% of Christians will give thier reason as thier desire to get into heaven and avoid hell (Pain). They also hope to avoid death. Very few of them 'obey' but rather try to beg or buy thier way to thier goal.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 12:16

Give me your thoughts.
    What about the pain of the prostitute? What if the prostitute were your daughter? What do you think that Christ would say to the prostitute or to the man in question?
  12. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 12:18
    Here is my question: In this particular situation would it not be appropiate to enlist a volunteer prostitute (I know that is a contradiction in terms) to provide sexual favors so he can keep his pain medicine?
    How demanding are his needs?

Such scenarios could fall under some sort of community service scheme.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 12:48
    So what is your rejection of the idea of someone volunteering to give this guy one for the greater good?
    Sure: the equivalent of placing a few drops of water on his scorched tongue. To put a man who had caught fire out of his misery, you'd probably shoot him in the head, too, right?
  14. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 18:02
    Sure: the equivalent of placing a few drops of water on his scorched tongue. To put a man who had caught fire out of his misery, you'd probably shoot him in the head, too, right?
    What? Yes because finding someone willing to have sex with the guy so he doesn't keep spending his pain med money is the same as shooting someone.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 18:53
    What? Yes because finding someone willing to have sex with the guy so he doesn't keep spending his pain med money is the same as shooting someone.
    The point (and I do have one) is that situational ethics lend themselves to error.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree