1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 19:453 edits
    Why can't you comprehend an abstraction? Jospeh
    Perhaps this is the reason?

Divegeester and FMF are both tirelessly lying trolls in close alliance. Evidently, their main
    interest is in dishonestly distorting what some other people (whom they seem to hate
    obsessively) write, so they can keep personally attacking them. I know that I am far
    from the only reader who has noticed this fact.

I expect that anything that I could write will be dishonestly distorted by Divegeester or FMF - Duchess64
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 21:49
    Originally posted by josephw
    No it isn't. It's a man disagreeing with God story.
    It's a man disagreeing with your God story
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 21:51
    No need to be condescending. You know I read the OP.

You invoke condescension with your inane posts.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 22:22
    Originally posted by whodey
    Now all we need is for Hillary to change evangelicals when it comes to abortion and then there will be no need to deride evangelicals.
    Except for their fleecing people of money, bashing of science, denying women the right to choose, etc., etc., etc. . . .
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 23:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]"I said the story in the OP is a 'dog bites man story' because it is about religious people arguing abouttheir religion. You said "No it isn't"."

That's not what I had said "no it isn't" to.

Talk about being literal! Why can't you comprehend an abstraction?[/b]
    So when you said "No it isn't" you didn't actually mean "No it isn't"?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Jun '15 12:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Perhaps this is the reason?

Divegeester and FMF are both tirelessly lying trolls in close alliance. Evidently, their main
    interest is in dishonestly distorting what some other people (whom they seem to hate
    obsessively) write, so they can keep personally attacking them. I know that I am far
    from the only reader who has noticed this fact.

...[text shortened]... hat anything that I could write will be dishonestly distorted by Divegeester or FMF - Duchess64
    I'm glad to hear that you and I can at least agree on that! 🙂
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Jun '15 12:52
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    It's a man disagreeing with your God story
    That would be true if your story wasn't false.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Jun '15 12:54
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    You invoke condescension with your inane posts.
    Every poster is responsible for their own words. What you're suggesting is that someone can influence your character to the degree that you would say something you know is wrong.

Grow up!
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Jun '15 12:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    So when you said "No it isn't" you [b]didn't actually mean "No it isn't"?[/b]
    Did you learn that from bill Clinton?

Since I know that what I said was as clear as need be, and that you are twisting the meaning to suit your need to obfuscate, I'll disregard your attempt to do so.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '15 02:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    Religious people disagreeing about their religion: it's a dog bites man story.
    This is the quote that grabbed my attention.

"Tony Campolo, a left-leaning preacher and former adviser to President Bill Clinton, previously taught that the Bible precludes homosexuality, though he reversed his opposition to same-sex marriage in a post published on his website earlier this week."
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '15 02:47
    Since I know that what I said was as clear as need be, and that you are twisting the meaning to suit your need to obfuscate, I'll disregard your attempt to do so.
    So you are continuing to maintain that when you said "No it isn't", you were somehow not contradicting the statement I'd made and to which you were replying?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '15 03:00
    This is the quote that grabbed my attention.

"Tony Campolo, a left-leaning preacher and former adviser to President Bill Clinton, previously taught that the Bible precludes homosexuality, though he reversed his opposition to same-sex marriage in a post published on his website earlier this week."
    I think being open-minded, and the ability to change one's mind attendant thereto, are human strengths.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '15 04:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think being open-minded, and the ability to change one's mind attendant thereto, are human strengths.
    And I think twisting your religious views to fit the Democratic platform heretical and pathetic.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '15 05:05
    And I think twisting your religious views to fit the Democratic platform heretical and pathetic.
    Well, I think twisting almost every discussion about almost everything in order to make partisan retail domestic political attack points is your right albeit maybe not one of your strengths.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 19:58
    Can You Be Gay and Christian?

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree