Evil

Donationbuckky
Spirituality 21 Oct '05 22:29
  1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 22:29
    What is evil ? How evil can it be ? Is there a limit to evil ? Should evil be tolerated ? Is evil in the eye of the beholder ? Is there a standard for evil ? Is one mans evil another mans goodness ?
  2. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 22:41
    Originally posted by buckky
    What is evil ? How evil can it be ? Is there a limit to evil ? Should evil be tolerated ? Is evil in the eye of the beholder ? Is there a standard for evil ? Is one mans evil another mans goodness ?
    Evil = Impossble to define
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 23:47
    evil is live spelled backwards.
  4. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 05:45
    What is evil?
    Evil is the last unknown element, missing from the periodic table. It is the stuff of which black holes are comprised of. Taco Bell puts this in their fire sauce.

How evil can it be?
    Evil in it's pure form has never been found, though it is theorized that if you put take padfoots and shoot them into each other at 1k miles/hr, the thing which is left will be pretty close.

Is there a limit to evil ?
    Yes. Evil is an exhaustible resource. It shall run our cars for about 300 years, and then we shall have to turn to alternative fuel sources.

Should evil be tolerated?
    What do you intend to do about it? Fight evil through the legal system? (snicker)

Is evil in the eye of the beholder?
    If they have an "evil eye".

Is there a standard for evil?
    Yes. You can find it in your typical stock publication, right below gold.

Is one mans evil another mans goodness?
    Yes. As way of example I offer Mickey Mouse, beer, Dennys and women.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 06:39
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    What is evil?
    Evil is the last unknown element, missing from the periodic table. It is the stuff of which black holes are comprised of. Taco Bell puts this in their fire sauce.

How evil can it be?
    Evil in it's pure form has never been found, though it is theorized that if you put take padfoots and shoot them into each other at 1k miles/hr, the thin ...[text shortened]... il another mans goodness?
    Yes. As way of example I offer Mickey Mouse, beer, Dennys and women.
    Don't forget god, the ultimate evil.
  6. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 07:182 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Don't forget god, the ultimate evil.
    Don't even get me started on that jerk! Someone just hit the $340 million powerball jackpot and it wasn't me. We are going to have a little talk.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 07:42

Evil is wherever Good is not. It is analogous to darkness. Darkness is just an abscence of light. Should be tolerated. Is in the eye of the beholder. However there is a standard form of evil, that is objective. One mans evil is another persons goodness, true (lots of poeple have different opinions on suicide, homosexuality, abotion/euthanasia etc).
  8. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 16:55
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    Don't even get me started on that jerk! Someone just hit the $340 million powerball jackpot and it wasn't me. We are going to have a little talk.
    If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gives it too!
  9. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 17:27
    Originally posted by genius
    If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gives it too!
    I must remember this one...
  10. Standard memberYuga
    Renaissance
    OnceInALifetime
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 17:42
    My favorite reasoning for the root of all evil...mathematically proven (heard from a friend):

Girls = Time x Money
    Time = Money
    Girls = Money x Money (or Money Squared)
    Money is the root of all evil
    Girls = the square root of evil squared
    Girls = Evil...but girls are lovely anyway
  11. Forgotten
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 20:18
    evil is a matter of perspective
    say i shoot a man dead in cold blood
    was that an evil act?? it depends on the motive
    if i shot him to rob him or because i hated him for no reason
    yes i would think it was evil
    if i shot him to protect an innocent he was trying to rape or rob
    then it was good
    if i shot him because he killed my father
    then it is a big grey area
    in short the answer is evil exists because good exists
    help wipe out good
    thanks
    art
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 21:01
    First of all, 'evil' is nothing more than a word, and can be defined as anyone wants to define it.

As it's typically used, evil is a feeling that people have; a judgement that they make about actions and other things. It is something that they feel to be undesireable and which runs contrary to other feelings of compassion, fairness, etc.

Evil's magnitude is limited only by the ability of people to judge things as evil.

Should it be tolerated? Well, it can't really be eliminated. Different people think different things are evil. If you're referring to what an individual feels is evil, that individual should do what he can to minimize those things that he judges to be evil. However there is so much evil in most peoples' judgement that it's unreasonable to expect them to be totally intolerant of it's existence.
  13. Colorado
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 21:21
    Evil is that which causes harm in relation to the greater good.

Example: Vaccines cause a small amount of pain to prevent a horrible disease.

Empathy and common sense can help us to distinguish good from evil.

Peace.
  14. Cosmos
    Moves
    23 Oct '05 02:08
    So many questions - so few brain cells for the questioner to store the answers in...

...so little motivation to answer the many questions.
  15. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    23 Oct '05 02:23
    your arse is evil..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree