1. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 19:49
    Originally posted by josephw
    You're taxing my brain too early in the morning PK. lol

But I'll give it a try.

[b]What's stopping a land based mammal adpating to life in the water?

The fact that it isn't evolving.

If cetaceans dodn't evolve from land based mammals, why do you think the evidence indicates that they do?

The evidence is really not there. They ma ...[text shortened]...

You have place far more faith in something you know very little about. In reality.[/b]
    Ok, I take back the bit I said about 'cleverer'.
  2. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 20:18
    Since when do we need a mediator?

I follow Christ and no one else. I have the revealed word of God contained in The Book and the indwelling Holy Spirit which teaches me what the will of God is.

Eddy and all the rest of the charlatans out there be damned.

You've been duped!
    So the 70 disciples that went out after the crucifixion, yes many fell out from carrying such burden, and the other 12 known in the Gospels were all charlatans, is this correct?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 20:20
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    So the 70 disciples that went out after the crucifixion, yes many fell out from carrying such burden, and the other 12 known in the Gospels were all charlatans, is this correct?
    No
  4. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 21:14
    No
    To claim her as you have, and her enlightened learners as if they are, without scientifically searching to back up this accusation, don't you find rather naive?
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 12:54
    You're taxing my brain too early in the morning PK. lol

But I'll give it a try.

[b]What's stopping a land based mammal adpating to life in the water?

The fact that it isn't evolving.

If cetaceans dodn't evolve from land based mammals, why do you think the evidence indicates that they do?

The evidence is really not there. They ma ...[text shortened]...

You have place far more faith in something you know very little about. In reality.[/b]
    The evidence is really not there.

Really? And you know this how? Because you've completed an evolutionary biology degree? You've read and refuted all text books and peer reviewed papers on the subject? Or is it because that's want you want to believe?

They make it look that way

Who's 'they'? And how do they make 'it', whatever 'it' is, look that way?

It's like when you google up evolution and you get millions of pages of talk but no substantive evidence.

How do you know what is substantive evidence? You told me a few weeks ago that you'd never read a book on evolution, so how can you be qualified to determine what substantive evidence is?

So in short your argument can be summed up as this -

All the evidence for evolution is 'cooked', made up by scientists over the last 150yrs because they can't accept the fact that all was created. Every scientist who has been involved with the study of evolution has been 'in' on this grand hoax, doctoring the evidence as they go along.

Joseph do you take drugs? If you do, stop taking them now, if you don't, start immediately. You are one seriously paranoid dude.
  6. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 21:391 edit
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    To claim her as you have, and her enlightened learners as if they are, without scientifically searching to back up this accusation, don't you find rather naive?
    this is for joseph

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree