1. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 21:12
    YouTube

If you can understand why I might post this on a spirituality forum then there is hope for you yet. What does it mean to know God..... to know the truth about Jesus?
  2. At the Revolution
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 21:46
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    What does it mean to know God..... to know the truth about Jesus?
    I believe God doesn't exist. I have offered proof in Thread 95410. Jesus did exist, but I do not believe he was any sort of remarkable figure.
  3. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 08:36
    Originally posted by scherzo
    I believe God doesn't exist. I have offered proof in Thread 95410. Jesus did exist, but I do not believe he was any sort of remarkable figure.
    So you have an intellectual position on God not existing then.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 09:22
    Jesus did exist,
    You seem quite sure about that. Why?
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 09:25
    like you said, you believe that god doesn't exist. isn't that what religion is about?
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 13:165 edits
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Mi1xr9owM

If you can understand why I might post this on a spirituality forum then there is hope for you yet. What does it mean to know God..... to know the truth about Jesus?
    To know God subjectively first means to have your sins forgiven. It is sins that make the barrier between people and God.

" Jehovah's hand is not short that it cannot save; Nor is His ear so heavy that it cannot hear.

But your iniquities have become a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear. " (Isaiah 59:1,2)

The gulf imposed between the two - us and God - is our sins. That is real sins, with real guilt, which were really wrong, which really deserve judgment, which are really remembered and really need to be removed before a real righteous and holy God.

When the problem of the record and guilt of one's sins is removed through the redemption of Jesus then there is no problem to beginning to know God in an experiencial way.

We cannot fellowship with God because of the barrier caused by our sins.

I'm sorry that it is nothing more interesting than that. But that is the truth. We need our sins washed away before God in the redemptive blood of the Savior Christ.

"If we confess our sins He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness ... The blood of Jesus Christ God's Son cleanses us from all sin."

What will follow this post from the skeptical and unbelieving boils down to usually one thing. They are unwilling to acknowledge real guilt of real sins before God and refuse to see the need of forgiveness, or the provision that God has made for the problem in the redemptive death of Jesus His Son.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 13:32
    According to ny experience one reason that people refuse to acknowledge the need of forgiveness from God is fear.

That is the fear that they cannot change. So because they feel that they cannot change they resolve to live as sinners with their sins.

However - GOD KNOWS THAT YOU CANNOT CHANGE BETTER THAN YOU DO.

He will do the transformation of your soul with your cooperation. He operates we cooperate.

But being afraid of not changing should not stop one from confessing her or his sins and seeking forgiveness. God knows the power of sin and He has the power in Christ to deliver you - in Christ.

But you cannot get into the realm of Christ until you are redeemed and justified through His sacrifice for you. So if you refuse that you cannot get into the sphere and realm of the power of the grace of Jesus to overcome sins.

"God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God that He may exalt you in due time."

Humbling yourself in repentence will cause the power of Christ to lift you up over the strength of the indwelling sin in you.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 13:38
    We arrived here in the unverse. We found that we existed.

We seem not to believe the Book that the Creator of the universe has given to us.

We don't believe that God is Perfection, is holy, is straight and totally righteousness and right.

No it cannot be so. We look for stories in the Bible which will help us prove that God is error prone and subject to mistakes even crimes.

Perhaps, His righteousness is so that sometimes we cannot understand it.

IF we have to answer for one sin before this absolutely right God - we'll never make it in His kingdom.

God has made provision for the awfulness of His eternal perfection in the light of our sins. He has His salvtion through Jesus Christ as a provision.

His terrible absolute righteousness meets His great eternal love on the cross of Jesus. They work together for our salvation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree