1. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    17 Jul '05 20:191 edit
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Christian philosophy does not throw out reason or tests for truth. Christianity says that the New Testament is true because its truths can be tested. <snip> Christians epistemology is based on special revelation, which is in turn based on history, the law of evidence, and the science of archeology.
    This is entirely erroneous. Can any christians show the "truths" which have been "tested"?
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 Jul '05 22:41
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    In addition to the neologism, ultimacy, I count four spelling errors: "practise descrimination," "arn't," and "emphasised". Two of these may be legitimate spellings in Britain, although not in America, leaving but two. Because all of these can be attributed to typing skill, rather than the failure of lexical knowledge, it seems probable that dj copied ...[text shortened]... k. He should be commended for expending more than the usual degree of effort on his plagiarisms.
    Or he altered the text somewhat from an online source. Kinda like I used to do when writing history reports in the fifth grade. It was the encyclopedia brittanica then, instead of the internet. Man I had some of the best damn ideas for a fifth grader!
  3. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    17 Jul '05 22:55
    Originally posted by telerion
    Or he altered the text somewhat from an online source. Kinda like I used to do when writing history reports in the fifth grade. It was the encyclopedia brittanica then, instead of the internet. Man I had some of the best damn ideas for a fifth grader!
    Yeah, somehow my fourth grade teacher figured out that I didn't write that history of WW1 that I copied out of the encyclopedia! Even though I didn't just Xerox it (and I probably would have if it had been invented then!)!
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    17 Jul '05 23:14
    Originally posted by chinking58
    Yeah, somehow my fourth grade teacher figured out that I didn't write that history of WW1 that I copied out of the encyclopedia! Even though I didn't just Xerox it (and I probably would have if it had been invented then!)!
    Wow, you must be much older than I thought. Xerox technology was invented in 1937, and it became commercially available in 1950.
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    18 Jul '05 10:03
    Originally posted by telerion
    Did you ever do a book report after reading a classics comic , I got great marks for the Ox Bow Incident, and the Octopus lol.
    But I did read the comic books .
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 13:05
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    as pointed out by vistesd, there seems to be many competing viewpoints concerning what conditions constitute sufficient cause for characterizing a given belief system as 'faith' based. personally, i think your use of the term 'faith' is sloppy at best, but that doesn't matter for the sake of this discussion. the important point is that there exists ...[text shortened]... ndation; see for yourself what kind of 'structural integrity' results from that approach.
    Would you mind pointing out exactly how your faith is different from mine.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 22:08
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Would you mind pointing out exactly how your faith is different from mine.
    yes i do mind because i have already pointed it out numerous times. please go back and read my former post again.

the quickest way you can win me over is by presenting some evidence for your beliefs. as of this moment, i have not found any despite my own independent attempts at flushing such evidence out. if you have some compelling arguments, why are you hiding them? lay them on the table, and i'll give you my honest assessment.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree