1. St. Peter's
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 03:10
    I read an interesting article written by an Rabbi. Its worth a look by all:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-adam-jacobs/the-jewish-view-of-creati_b_800257.html
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 03:412 edits
    Originally posted by Doward
    I read an interesting article written by an Rabbi. Its worth a look by all:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-adam-jacobs/the-jewish-view-of-creati_b_800257.html
    A nice article, thanks.

Of course the issue in contention is not one of 'facts' it's one of spiritual belief or unbelief; for example if the Bible stated that the universe and the Earth were created in 14 billion years, those who are atheist would still not accept that there was a God.

I remember once asking an atheist; if they saw someone truly raised-up from the dead [in the name of God] in front of their eyes, would they believe that that God had done it - they said absolutely not. The raising of the dead person would in that situaton have been a 'fact' but it could also be evidence of something else if that something else was a predisposed hypothesis or belief structure.

'Facts' are not 'truths'; they are temporal and based on the most recent level of revealed/discovered evidence, and importantly, the interpretation of that evidence. Faith in God has nothing to do with so called apparent 'facts', it is a spiritual condition.

To me, whether or not the Earth was created in 6 actual days, or 6 million time stretched days is completely irrelevant; if God as creator exists he could have done it is 6 seconds! The faith given to me by God, I have chosen to apply and to believe in him - and most importantly, in his given name.
  3. St. Peter's
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 16:29
    Originally posted by divegeester
    A nice article, thanks.

Of course the issue in contention is not one of 'facts' it's one of spiritual belief or unbelief; for example if the Bible stated that the universe and the Earth were created in 14 billion years, those who are atheist would still not accept that there was a God.

I remember once asking an atheist; if they saw someone truly ...[text shortened]... have chosen to apply and to believe in him - and most importantly, in his given name.
    I think the greater implication is that we are now just begining to see and understand how the universe came into existance. The construct of the universe is far more complicated than most could have imagined
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 16:481 edit
    Originally posted by Doward
    I think the greater implication is that we are now just begining to see and understand how the universe came into existance. The construct of the universe is far more complicated than most could have imagined
    I completely agree, thanks again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree