Faith

Donationbuckky
Spirituality 26 Jul '05 21:37
  1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    26 Jul '05 21:37
    I'm told by some Christians that I need faith in the doctrine of the church. Then my eyes will be opened to the truth that now seems so nuts. I'm told that it might seem crazy now, because I'm not Saved and I have no faith. I must take the leap and go ahead and get Saved, and then have faith, and then the whole thing will start to sound rational.
    I ask you what is the motivation to become involved with a religion that on it's face seems totally off base in so many ways? Why not become a Muslem? They seem wacky to. Why not become a member of the American Nazi Party? They seem insane, but maybe after I became a member it would start to seem wonderful. Do you see what I'm getting at ? It's a backwards way of thinking to my mind. Where am I looking at it wrong ?
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '05 03:15
    Originally posted by buckky
    I'm told by some Christians that I need faith in the doctrine of the church. Then my eyes will be opened to the truth that now seems so nuts. I'm told that it might seem crazy now, because I'm not Saved and I have no faith. I must take the leap and go ahead and get Saved, and then have faith, and then the whole thing will start to sound rational.
    I ask ...[text shortened]... I'm getting at ? It's a backwards way of thinking to my mind. Where am I looking at it wrong ?
    Where am I looking at it wrong ?

i don't think you are looking at it wrong at all. i think you are making good sense. fundamentally, i don't see why belief in the christian god is any more justified than belief in magical elves -- both belief systems are rationally indefensible.

I'm told by some Christians that I need faith in the doctrine of the church. Then my eyes will be opened to the truth that now seems so nuts.

this is probably the same sales pitch that would be employed by any group of people who share belief in magical elves.
  3. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    27 Jul '05 03:20
    Originally posted by buckky
    I ask ...[text shortened]... I'm getting at ? It's a backwards way of thinking to my mind. Where am I looking at it wrong ?
    That's how Amway gets you too.

I'm just saying... be on guard...
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    27 Jul '05 08:28
    Hmmmm... Shouldn't the Church people be answering for themselves?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree