1. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 20:14
    Originally posted by stoker
    the term of faith is to belive without visable proof, if it were visible then it would not be faith as a spiritual belief.
    But a false faith leads to sin thats how you know.
    But what if it is not sin under the false faith? How would you know then?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 20:17
    Originally posted by josephw
    Since there is no evidence for the non-existence of God, then having faith that there is no God is a false faith.
    There is plenty of evidence for and against the existence of God. Its really a question of whether or not you find the evidence convincing and whether or not you feel that the lack of convincing evidence for something is sufficient cause to assume its non-existence (for all intents and purposes).

I am interested to know whether you are willing to admit that you realize that the logic you put forward in the first post of this thread is severely flawed.
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 20:18
    the term of faith is to belive without visable proof
    Is it your contention that blind people only come to be aware of the way the world is through faith?

It is not at all clear to me why vision should play such a special role in epistemology.
  4. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 06:47
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Is it your contention that blind people only come to be aware of the way the world is through faith?

It is not at all clear to me why vision should play such a special role in epistemology.
    You haven't heard of opticalism, and the doctrine of "blind faith"?
  5. England
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 11:21
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles

the fact is i have not seen but belive have you???. the gate of both heaven and hell are hidden but i belive they are, that makes us all blind and we will see at the end of time.
    if its not clear to you this then even jesus said blessed are they that have not seen yet belive.
  6. England
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 11:25
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But what if it is not sin under the false faith? How would you know then?
    if it does not cause you to sin then you do not need to as only sin leads to the souls light being put into darkness.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 19:48
    if it does not cause you to sin then you do not need to as only sin leads to the souls light being put into darkness.
    You misunderstood the question.
    Your claim: we can tell a false faith because it leads us to sin.
    My question: how do we know that it has led us to sin if the false faith leads us to believe that it is not sin?
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 19:491 edit
    the fact is i have not seen but belive have you???. the gate of both heaven and hell are hidden but i belive they are, that makes us all blind and we will see at the end of time.
    if its not clear to you this then even jesus said blessed are they that have not seen yet belive.
    By 'unseen' to you mean 'zero evidence'? If so, is the object of your faith purely arbitrary?
  9. England
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 11:02
    You misunderstood the question.
    Your claim: we can tell a false faith because it leads us to sin.
    My question: how do we know that it has led us to sin if the false faith leads us to believe that it is not sin?
    you know when you sin it may not be clear at first but it comes to light.
  10. England
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 11:05
    By 'unseen' to you mean 'zero evidence'? If so, is the object of your faith purely arbitrary?
    not sure how you meen purely arbitrary, ive never seen some things in this world but do not say they do not exist. but the evidince is within my heart/soul at my belief.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Jan '09 13:221 edit
    you know when you sin it may not be clear at first but it comes to light.
    I find that hard to believe. I do not get the impression that most Muslims know that they are sinning by being Muslim. I certainly do not know that I am sinning by being atheist. When does it come to light? Or is my lack of knowledge evidence that I am not sinning and that my belief system is the "true faith"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree