False religion.

False religion.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
12 Feb 12
2 edits

For religion to actually be religion it must be true religion and not false religion.

ooh! by the way there are 3 things that are really going to annoy you all * I am going to sound like dasa. * I am also going to be right every time because I have been studying the Vedas for nearly 2 years now *and I am going to even try and sound like dasa and present posts like dasa. because I like his style of posting, he is straight to the point and makes lists of everything which is good to learn from which I will also do from now on and I am going to separate my comments into sections just like dasa [long live dasa]

This question will determine if people are honest because how can the same people come into the forum every day and argue religion if they don't know the answer to this question.

The question is this! give 10 examples of true religion and 10 examples of false religion, and by the way the 10 examples of false religion can be the exact opposite of the 10 examples of true religion.

If you are struggling to find 10 examples then try for 7.

A person of truth would find it easy to do this.

I will mark the answers in a couple of days.

F

Moves
12 Feb 12

Originally posted by poker87
This question will determine if people are honest because how can the same people come into the forum every day and argue religion if they don't know the answer to this question.

The question is this! give 10 examples of true religion and 10 examples of false religion, and by the way the 10 examples of false religion can be the exact opposite of the 10 examples of true religion.
I am a theist but not a religionist. I can see how religions create a variety of codes for living and for social order [some more appealing than others], and how they are rooted in different cultures and have different historical narrative arcs and folktale elements. However, as for the actual religionist creeds of religions like Islam, Christianity, the Vedas etc., I think none of them is any more or less true than the others. Frankly, I just see a lot of anthropology and psychology sloshing around amongst the speculative or hopeful claims as to what "God's instructions" are and what is the recipe for various forms of "immortality". I'm not trying to persuade you of anything, but can you see where I'm coming from?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
12 Feb 12

Now, more than ever, we really, really need a facepalm smiley.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
12 Feb 12

For religion to actually be religion it must be true religion and not false religion.

ooh! by the way there are 3 things that are really going to annoy you all * I am going to sound like dasa. * I am also going to be right every time because I have been studying the Vedas for nearly 2 years now *and I am going to even try and sound like dasa and presen ...[text shortened]... person of truth would find it easy to do this.

hello again Dasa

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Feb 12

Originally posted by Agerg
hello again Dasa
He is Dasa's brother.

F

Moves
12 Feb 12
8 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
He is Dasa's brother.
Oh?

25 Oct '11
poker87 - I was at RHP last year and met dasa during chess, and we had some very interesting talks, and we swapped emails and those talks continued for months back then.

25 Oct '11
poker87 - My mother knows dasa personally, and last year when dasa was talking to my mum on the phone I asked her to ask dasa if he wanted to play chess online with me.

25 Oct '11
poker87 - Dasa was at our home about 8 years ago visiting my mum and I was just a teenager and had nothing to do with him personally except for the general hullo and see ya later because he was my mums friend and not mine.

25 Oct '11
poker87 - [Dasa and I] got to talking about spirituality and ended up swapping e-mail addresses and we got talking for many months by e-mail after that and I learnt many things and bought a Bhagavad Gita and stopped drinking and smoking pot thanks to dasa...

23 Oct '11
poker87 - I am a vegetarian and gave up meat many years ago and feel better for it...

23 Oct '11
poker87 - Well I myself was a meat eater and i used to smoke pot and drink, but after I got hold of the Bhagavad Gita and read it I got spiritual myself and it changed my life, and I could suddenly see things that I could not see before.

23 Oct '11
poker87 - I have found this dasa person very interesting and I am going to study everything he has said because it looks interesting...

12 Feb '12
poker87 - I am going to sound like dasa. [...] and I am going to even try and sound like dasa and present posts like dasa. because I like his style of posting, he is straight to the point and makes lists of everything which is good to learn from which I will also do from now on and I am going to separate my comments into sections just like dasa

FMF: There's something odd about how these biographical details and their timeline don't add up. When did poker87 get his first Bhagavad Gita? After he met Dasa at RHP and after the chats, as he says in one place? A year and a half or so ago? Or "many years ago" like he suggests in another place? When did poker87 give up eating meat? Years before he properly came to know Dasa, as he suggests in one place? Or after he had "learnt many things and bought a Bhagavad Gita" and "got spiritual" thanks to his "very interesting talks" during chess with Dasa, 18 or so months ago? It's as if poker87 doesn't realise that one can simply go back and read what he said with a couple of mouse clicks.

d

Moves
12 Feb 12

ooh! by the way there are 3 things that are really going to annoy you all * I am going to sound like dasa. * I am also going to be right every time because I have been studying the Vedas for nearly 2 years now *and I am going to even try and sound like dasa and presen ...[text shortened]... person of truth would find it easy to do this.

Fourth thing that makes you like Dasa is the habit of not answering queries which question your post. You just start a new tread spouting out the same old manta. I know that Dasa did not consider me honest, but I will answer you question non the less. I do not believe that there is a god and as such feel that all religions are false in that sense.Now can you be as honest and answer some of the queries put to you

p

Moves
12 Feb 12

No one is answering the question so could it be that no one knows the answer.

We have FMF with his conspiracy theories and no answer, and we have Deeny asking questions but not answering the main question, and the others are side tracking as well.

This is exactly what I thought would happen, that there is no one who knows the difference between false religion and true religion, and everyone comes into this forum day and night spouting one opinion after the next.

How can someone speak about religion without knowing the difference between true and false religion? [that is my second question]

Anyhow I will give more time in case someone actually has an answer to the first question and it is the most important question that has been asked in this forum and sets the necessary conditions for people being here, because would you go to the science forum and lecture about science if you did not know the difference between an atom or an apple.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Feb 12

We have FMF with his conspiracy theories and no answer, and we have Deeny asking questions but not answering the main question, and the others are side tracking as well.

This is exactly what I thought would happen, that there is no one who knows the difference between false r ...[text shortened]... forum and lecture about science if you did not know the difference between an atom or an apple.
The religion of Christ, if you wish to call it that, is the only true religion.
Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
All those that speak against God and His Christ are liars.

Moves
12 Feb 12

there are 3 things that are really going to annoy you all

1) I am going to sound like dasa.
2) I am also going to be right every time
3) and I am going to even try and sound like dasa and present posts like dasa.
You forgot 3a.

F

Moves
12 Feb 12

I gave you my answer. Don't you have a response to it?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Feb 12

This is exactly what I thought would happen, that there is no one who knows the difference between false r ...[text shortened]... forum and lecture about science if you did not know the difference between an atom or an apple.
We're just not taking your bait, is all.

You have a rather high opinion of yourself, btw. One that is clearly not shared here.

F

Moves
12 Feb 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
All those that speak against God and His Christ are liars.
Do you mean to say that "those that speak against God and His Christ" - in your view - actually do believe in them but are lying about it?

Moves
12 Feb 12

there is no one who knows the difference between false religion and true religion
But there are a few who know the differnece between a false menber and a true member

F

Moves
12 Feb 12

We have FMF with his conspiracy theories and no answer...
Actually my forensic post above was not about a 'conspiracy' [that would require more than one poster to be involved] but instead I was simply pointing out the odd inconsistencies in what you have claimed about yourself.