1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 06:49
    Proverbs 27:6
    Faithful are the wounds from a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

After being told by fellow Christians here that I deserve to burn in hell, am a Christian basher, that I undermine the faith of other Christians, that I am an antichrist, that I am in league with satan, that I have slithered in a ruined this forum and that I contribute nothing...I do wonder if these are more "wounds from the enemy" and what real unity or real friendship do actually look like in the minds of some.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 06:58
    Originally posted by divegeester
    [b]Faithful are the wounds from a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

After being told by fellow Christians here that I deserve to burn in hell, am a Christian basher, that I undermine the faith of other Christians, that I am an antichrist, that I am in league with satan, that I have slithered in a ruined this forum an ...[text shortened]... om the enemy" and what real unity or real friendship do actually look like in the minds of some.[/b]
    Dear Duck,
    shake the water off your back!
    😉
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 07:052 edits
    After being told by fellow Christians here that I deserve to burn in hell, am a Christian basher, that I undermine the faith of other Christians, that I am an antichrist, that I am in league with satan, that I have slithered in a ruined this forum an om the enemy" and what real unity or real friendship do actually look like in the minds of some.
    Based on my experience of being a Christian and living and working among Christians from the day I was born right up until the present day, I would say the prevailing demeanour and behaviour exhibited by many of the Christians in this community is not typical of the world out there.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 07:09
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Dear Duck,
    shake the water off your back!
    😉
    My post is not intended as a plea for support, it is attempting to strike a contrast between what is termed in Christianity as unity, and what I see rather as being more of a solidarity, and what people see as friendship. I think the comments directed at me in recent weeks come from Christian/religious posters here forming a sort of solidarity against what they perceive as non conformism from myself.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 07:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    Based on my experience of being a Christian and living and working among Christians from the day I was born right up until the present day, I would say the prevailing demeanour and behaviour exhibited by many of the Christians in this community is not typical of the world out there.
    That has been my experience also.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 07:15
    Faithful are the wounds from a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

After being told by fellow Christians here that I deserve to burn in hell, am a Christian basher, that I undermine the faith of other Christians, that I am an antichrist, that I am in league with satan, that I have slithered in a ruined this forum and t ...[text shortened]... s from the enemy" and what real unity or real friendship do actually look like in the minds of some.
    Friends graciously speak the acid truth to you in private; they forgive and forget without holding grudges; they treat you better than you deserve. John 15:13, "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends."
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 07:59
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    John 15:13, "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends."
    Is there anyone here at RHP you would lay your life down for?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 08:141 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Friends graciously speak the acid truth to you in private; they forgive and forget without holding grudges; they treat you better than you deserve. John 15:13, "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends."
    They do indeed Grampy Bobby. They also cope with conflict in a mature manner, accepting that it is a normal part of human interaction. They realise that even where friends hold strong different opinions over a field, that there is always 1000 more metaphorical acres of commonality. They don't cast one another into hell nor cast accusations of satanic influence.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree