1. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Mar '09 13:33
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I wrote:

[b]God gave life. He has control and ability to raise it up again after death.

Here is the point folks. Ultimately real life is indestructible. That is God's point in all this.

The Life that is uncreated and eternal can never ever be terminated. It is indestructible. God is indestructible. The life of God is indestructibl ...[text shortened]... nterwoven with man. He wants to abide in man and have man abide in Him in an "organic" unity.[/b]
    Are you able to translate that into English that I can understand? I am not saying you are wrong but I simply realise that you are using symbology that I do not understand. You appear to be saying now that Jesus did not and could not die. Is that right? If so what did you mean by 'dead' previously?
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    25 Mar '09 18:04
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    My worst fear?

He'll turn me into RBHILL.

"In hell, there will be no stop, drop and roll!" 😞😞😞
    you forgot the comma after the word drop.
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    25 Mar '09 20:18
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    you forgot the comma after the word drop.
    OMG! It's happening. I'm becoming you; you're becoming Nordlys.

Damn you, God! 😠
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    25 Mar '09 20:29
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    [b]OMG! It's happening. I'm becoming you; you're becoming Nordlys.
    LOL
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 00:32
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes. Many things.

[b] You're free to have a different view. This is my view.

And thats fine with me. I just find it strange that when I ask you for more details about your view you start spewing the "well thats what I believe so leave me alone" line.
    I was merely pointing out that what you said to 667joe appeared to not make much sense at all. If you think it does make sense then why are you unwilling to explain it?[/b]
    I have the same sense of futility reading your explanations.
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 01:41
    "We are created in his image." I wonder if anyone has really bothered to comprehend this. We are a trinity within ourselves. Jesus said, love God with all your heart, love God with all you mind, love God with all your spirit and love God with all your strength. I know we are trinities in one, I have seen it. I experience it, as do you. You experience it, but don't realize what you experience. When you play with your children, nephews, nieces, you will find you will become as they, as a child. And when, especially if you are a father or have a job a forman, or something with authority, you can feel the change within, a strength. And then there is the everyday life, a trinity. Think about it!
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 03:411 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Are you able to translate that into English that I can understand? I am not saying you are wrong but I simply realise that you are using symbology that I do not understand. You appear to be saying now that Jesus did not and could not die. Is that right? If so what did you mean by 'dead' previously?
    =============================
    =====================================

It already is in English. And off the top of my head I don't recall using symbology too much.

Indestructible means cannot be destroyed. No symbolism there.

Uncreated life means a life that always was. No symbolism there. God is eternal. And God incarnated to be the man Jesus.

No the death matter may be clearer to some if I say that death could not hold the Son of God. He died. But He did not stay in death. The rest of us die and stay there in that state.

So if you like, I'll put it this way. In Christ the eternal life of God could not be held in the state of death.

You do not know what happens to you when you die because you have not yet experienced it. By experience you do not know if there is some state of your being beyond that moment of the heart stopping or not.

If we want to check about these things we better check with one who has been there and returned. That would be Jesus Christ. And He could not be held against His will in that state.

He rose on the third day.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 03:541 edit
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    "We are created in his image." I wonder if anyone has really bothered to comprehend this. We are a trinity within ourselves. Jesus said, love God with all your heart, love God with all you mind, love God with all your spirit and love God with all your strength. I know we are trinities in one, I have seen it. I experience it, as do you. You experience it, bu he change within, a strength. And then there is the everyday life, a trinity. Think about it!
    ==================================
    "We are created in his image." I wonder if anyone has really bothered to comprehend this. We are a trinity within ourselves. Jesus said, love God with all your heart, love God with all you mind, love God with all your spirit and love God with all your strength.
    ========================================

Actually we are a tripartite being - spirit and soul and body (1 Thess. 5:23)

Now the whole heart would include the mind. The mind of man is a part of the heart of man.

The whole soul would also include the mind. The mind is a part of the soul. It should read soul there rather than spirit.

The strength would refer, I think, to the human will. The human will is also a part of the heart as well as a part of the soul.

It is like this:

The biblical heart is composed of mind, emotion, will, conscience.

The biblical soul is composed of the mind, emotion, and will.

The soul consists of three parts of the four parts of the heart.

Now the conscience is that fourth part of the heart which is not part of the soul. The conscience is part of the human spirit. The human spirit then contains a part of man which is also in the heart but is not in the soul.

This means that the conscience, which is part of the spirit and part of the heart, joins the soul of man as a kind of gateway to the spirit of man.

The tripartiteness of man is made up though of him being spirit and soul and body. I recommend this article to you:

http://www.tripartiteman.org/
  9. Maryland
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 12:21
    Just because the bible says something does not make it true, and you have about as much veracity as your fairy tale book!
    grow up. face reality. Don't be a simpleton!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 13:58
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Just because the bible says something does not make it true, and you have about as much veracity as your fairy tale book!
    grow up. face reality. Don't be a simpleton!
    hahaha, the cry of the imbecile, just because you do not understand something, does not mean that its not true, just beyond your comprehension, let us therefore take a very simple example, from the Bible, that book of fairy tales, and let us see if you can elucidate upon it, lets say, ummmm, yes the central theme of Christ teachings, the Kingdom of God, do tell the forum what this is, its intent and purpose, what it proposes to achieve, how it proposes to achieve it, what the outcome will be and what are its major tenets. if you cannot answer then i suggest you shut up, for to be sure, you have a mouth bigger than the clyde tunnel and an ego to match, and as much understanding as a moronic ants ball hair, and that's not flattering the ant nor his hair.
  11. Maryland
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 22:52
    Very intellectual of you! A house of cards holds up under scrutiny than the bible.
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 23:02
    ...intellectual...
    The thread was doing just fine without any of that in it. 😠
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '09 00:58
    Look what god did to his beloved son who was perfect. What do you think god will do to you?
    ===================================
    Look what god did to his beloved son who was perfect. What do you think god will do to you?
    ==================================

God will grant to the victorious believer to reign with Christ with divine authority.

" He who overcomes, to him I will give to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat with My Father on His throne." (Rev. 3:21)

Just think of what God will do to you, dear believers in Christ.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '09 19:32
    Very intellectual of you! A house of cards holds up under scrutiny than the bible.
    yeah, like you would know!
  15. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    28 Mar '09 10:02
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    hahaha, the cry of the imbecile, just because you do not understand something, does not mean that its not true, just beyond your comprehension, let us therefore take a very simple example, from the Bible, that book of fairy tales, and let us see if you can elucidate upon it, lets say, ummmm, yes the central theme of Christ teachings, the Kingdom of G ...[text shortened]... much understanding as a moronic ants ball hair, and that's not flattering the ant nor his hair.
    The latest wrinkle in godliness, conversion by insult and ridicule. IRRESISTABLE preaching. Can't remember ever being so impressed such manifestation of God's love reflecting from His servant.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree