1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '22 06:56
    @moonbus said
    Making poodles look ridiculous is a matter of taste.
    Some atrocities are committed in broad daylight.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '22 06:58
    @moonbus
    What do you think about the use of rat poison?
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Jan '22 12:53
    @fmf said
    @moonbus
    What do you think about the use of rat poison?
    It’s a thing we should move away from, if not only because it’s a painful death for the rat. The poison could be ingested by other animals or human children as well, so two good reasons not to spread poisons around. I would prefer another method of vermin control. Traps or ratting dogs, for example.

I am against land mines, by the way. Hideous weapons of indiscriminate mayhem.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Jan '22 12:581 edit
    @fmf said
    Some atrocities are committed in broad daylight.
    And therein lies a problem. Sometimes it takes a blatant case, like Georg Floyd, to sensitize a society to a form of atrocity to which it has become accustomed.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '22 13:41
    @moonbus said
    And therein lies a problem. Sometimes it takes a blatant case, like Georg Floyd, to sensitize a society to a form of atrocity to which it has become accustomed.
    I do not hesitate to put George Floyd and the clipping of poodles into different categories.

YouTube
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    27 Jan '22 08:21
    @FMF

Poodles were clipped around their ‘waists’ to enable them to swim more agilely. (They were bred as duck hunting dogs.) But, of course, they look silly with little puffballs of fur with ribbons on their heads.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree