1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '15 22:021 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "Radical Islam" equals "Christianity"??

Perhaps you'd be right if you'd said "radical Christianity".

"Radical Islam" is to Islam like "radical Christianity" is to Christianity. And I mean backward fundamentalist literal "radical Christianity", not normal, mainstream Christianity.

I don't align myself with these judgemental, fundamentalist, conservative Christians.
    "Radical Islam" equals "Christianity"??

No. What I wrote was the following:
    What seems to continue to be lost on you is that the mindset of adherents of "radical Islam" and "Christians" like you are so strikingly similar.

You need to ask yourself: Who are "'Christians' like [Whodey]"?

"'Christians' like [Whodey]" ARE "judgemental, fundamentalist, conservative Christians".

I don't align myself with these judgemental, fundamentalist, conservative Christians.

Well, then one would think that you would be ripping the likes of Whodey when he starts juvenile mindless threads like this.

Instead you posted a mindless knee-jerk response that one might expect of a "judgemental, fundamentalist, conservative Christian"
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '15 01:221 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]"Radical Islam" equals "Christianity"??

What seems to continue to be lost on you is that the mindset of adherents of "radical Islam" and "Christians" like you are so strikingly similar.

"'Christians' like [Whodey]" ARE "j ...[text shortened]... e-jerk response that one might expect of a "judgemental, fundamentalist, conservative Christian"[/b]
    When warlords rape women and take them as sex slaves and convert with the sword I do get a tad bit judgmental.

Interestingly, you don't have a bit of trouble judging me.

Then when they drink camels urine I just chuckle a bit.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '15 02:43
    Originally posted by whodey
    When warlords rape women and take them as sex slaves and convert with the sword I do get a tad bit judgmental.

Interestingly, you don't have a bit of trouble judging me.

Then when they drink camels urine I just chuckle a bit.
    Should have known that you wouldn't see the point of my post.

Your own hatred blinds you both.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '15 03:431 edit

Anyone who does not hate the act of taking women sex slaves is demented.

I've not done anything remotely similar to that.

To be an apologist for someone who engages in such activity is also demented.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '15 03:47

6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    31 Dec '15 03:59

I'm curious as to why you felt the need to deny ever taking a sex slave.

What I find odd about ThinkofOne's posts is that he talks about "radical Islam" and "Christianity", as if in the case of Islam fundamentalism is an aberration whereas in Christianity it is the norm. I think the key word is "fundamentalist" and one doesn't need to tag the name of a religion onto the end of it. Fundamentalist is enough.

As an aside, a friend of mine spent 6 months in Egypt for her course in International Relations. She said of the Salafis that if she was walking at night and felt unsafe they were the people to go to, they would always make sure she was safe and walk her home.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '15 04:231 edit
    Originally posted by DeepThought

What I find odd about ThinkofOne's posts is that he talks about "radical Islam" and "Christianity", as if in the case of Islam fundamentalism is an aberration whereas in Christianity it is the norm. I think the key word is "fundamentalist" and one doesn't need to tag the name of ...[text shortened]... nsafe they were the people to go to, they would always make sure she was safe and walk her home.
    What I find odd about ThinkofOne's posts is that he talks about "radical Islam" and "Christianity", as if in the case of Islam fundamentalism is an aberration whereas in Christianity it is the norm.

Perhaps that's because ThinkOfOne doesn't talk about "'radical Islam' and 'Christianity'". What ThinkOfOne talks about is "adherents of 'radical Islam' and 'Christians' like [Whodey]".

Still "odd"? If so, then read my response to Suzianne at the top of Page 2.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '15 13:30

What I find odd about ThinkofOne's posts is that he talks about "radical Islam" and "Christianity", as if in the case of Islam fundamentalism is an aberration whereas in Christianity it is the norm. I think the key word is "fundamentalist" and one doesn't need to tag the name of ...[text shortened]... nsafe they were the people to go to, they would always make sure she was safe and walk her home.
    I am a fundamentalist Christian, which means I adhere to the teachings and example of Jesus. Jesus did not take sex slaves so I do not either. Looking at the Middle East, these chaps are fundamentalist Muslims who are using the example of Mohammad as justification for their actions because he did the same things.

It's just that simple.

As Jesus rightly said, he alone is the good shepherd. Those that try to take his place have come but to kill, steal, and destroy.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Dec '15 15:54
    I am a fundamentalist Christian, which means I adhere to the teachings and example of Jesus. Jesus did not take sex slaves so I do not either.
    Well Jesus is believed by many to have not married. Have you also not married? In what other ways have you followed Jesus' example other than not taking sex slaves? (although I seem to recall him rather liking having his feet washed).
    I must also note that there is precious little in the New Testament suggesting that the Old Testaments acceptance of sex slavery is wrong. Certainly Jesus is not recorded speaking out about it.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jan '16 02:58
    [b]"Radical Islam" equals "Christianity"??

"'Christians' like [Whodey]" ARE "j ...[text shortened]... e-jerk response that one might expect of a "judgemental, fundamentalist, conservative Christian"[/b]
    Well, she does rip me often enough. 😏
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    01 Jan '16 03:01
    I am a fundamentalist Christian, which means I adhere to the teachings and example of Jesus. Jesus did not take sex slaves so I do not either. Looking at the Middle East, these chaps are fundamentalist Muslims who are using the example of Mohammad as justification for their actions because he did the same things.

It's just that simple.

As Jesus right ...[text shortened]... the good shepherd. Those that try to take his place have come but to kill, steal, and destroy.
    Had Jesus been reported to have taken sex slaves would you regard that as a green light?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jan '16 03:05

Like he said, you are demented. 😏
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jan '16 03:18
    Had Jesus been reported to have taken sex slaves would you regard that as a green light?
    I believe that whodey and myself do not deal with hypothetical conjectures and make believe that well, since we live in a world of reality. 😏
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Jan '16 04:39
    If I were to follow him, yes.

And there lies the unfixable problem with Islam.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jan '16 06:49
    I wonder why the men needed estrogen to get better.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    Yeah, they are possessed by demons. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree