1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '13 05:13
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Well, there's this book called the Bible, you've heard of it, yes?

Genesis 1:5

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Answer: Because we are told he is male.
    By males.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Mar '13 09:07
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Whodey is a Christian,right? He is presenting evidence that says that "God" is "fire", (of some sort). Why?

No need to be a smart arse about it, missie.

ps. note the difference between Buddhism and Christianity, where in the former we are requested not to take Hir word and implored to find out for ourselves, whereas in Christianity we are "told" - black and white- what "It" is.
    I guess this makes Buddhism the religion of - what? Go make it up yourself what it's about?

Compared to this, Christianity is amazingly upfront.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Mar '13 09:16
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Ok...just to be clear - there is no God. I am certain there are entities ,(like JC), who can appear god-like to the ignorant masses. And I reckon God was described as a person so that people could get their heads around the basic concept. But there is no one ruler/creator of all.

I see Christianity as starting of a journey of understanding for some ...[text shortened]... concept of "God" , would be commiting the same mistake as the writers of the bible.)
    Yeah, yeah, "God is in us all", "We are all God", "Don't dream it, BE it" mumbo jumbo.

I don't go to church to get my ego massaged.

And you call Christianity as "oversimplifying" your concept of God. It sounds like it is this Buddhism that is oversimplifying *my* concept of God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree