1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    83887
    04 Jan '07 07:53
    Always wondered about this miracle. As a child, I tried to imagine the mechanics of the thing. Did the apostles hand out chunks of bread, the loaves filling up in time for the next hungry mouth? Were the fish swallowed, only to reappear on the plate?

    Considering the fish / bread symbolism, there are bound to be some interesting non-literal interpretations of this famous event. Glad to hear if you've got any.
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Joined
    27 Apr '05
    Moves
    8592
    04 Jan '07 08:04
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Always wondered about this miracle. As a child, I tried to imagine the mechanics of the thing. Did the apostles hand out chunks of bread, the loaves filling up in time for the next hungry mouth? Were the fish swallowed, only to reappear on the plate?

    Considering the fish / bread symbolism, there are bound to be some interesting non-literal interpretations of this famous event. Glad to hear if you've got any.
    This thread should be renamed "five fish, two loaves, and whole heap of hallucinogenic drugs".
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    83887
    04 Jan '07 08:08
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    This thread should be renamed "five fish, two loaves, and whole heap of hallucinogenic drugs".
    The "loaves" were really enormous mushrooms, so a little went a long way. Sound theory.
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Joined
    27 Apr '05
    Moves
    8592
    04 Jan '07 08:18
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    The "loaves" were really enormous mushrooms, so a little went a long way. Sound theory.
    Actually, I think it's probably more allegory than that actually. Probably one person started sharing with everyone else, and that prompted everyone else to share too.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    83887
    04 Jan '07 08:34
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Actually, I think it's probably more allegory than that actually. Probably one person started sharing with everyone else, and that prompted everyone else to share too.
    And perhaps the miracle with its "spiritual food" symbolism were fitted on retrospectively?
  6. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Joined
    27 Apr '05
    Moves
    8592
    04 Jan '07 08:43
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    And perhaps the miracle with its "spiritual food" symbolism were fitted on retrospectively?
    Yup yup.
Back to Top