1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 05:241 edit
    I'm sorry. I apologize. I was completely out of line for what I said, and you didn't deserve that. I truly, truly feel bad for what I said. I was an a-hole.

I'm sorry.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 05:43
    Originally posted by vivify
    I'm sorry. I apologize. I was completely out of line for what I said, and you didn't deserve that. I truly, truly feel bad for what I said. I was an a-hole.

I'm sorry.
    You're obviously a kind-hearted individual, perhaps you are still a Christian and don't realise it.. 😛
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 10:14
    Originally posted by vivify

I'm sorry.
    Don't know what that is about but if sincere; kudos to you.

If not sincere then you are the a-hole.

I hope the former.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 10:294 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Don't know what that is about but if sincere; kudos to you.

If not sincere then you are the a-hole.

I hope the former.
    Vivify started a thread asking for Biblical topics to discuss. He wanted to discuss the matter objectively and FML in rather predictable fashion made the debate personal claiming that because Vivify was not an authority all he had to proffer was personal opinions anyway.

'all you can do is answer questions about your personal beliefs as they pertain to biblical topics?' - FML

Vivify naturally got frustrated at what he perceived as attempts to train wreck his thread. Vivify later apologised although I am not entirely sure that his frustration was not justified. FML is rather annoying character at times.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 10:55
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Vivify started a thread asking for Biblical topics to discuss. He wanted to discuss the matter objectively and FML in rather predictable fashion made the debate personal claiming that because Vivify was not an authority all he had to proffer was personal opinions anyway.
    People can decide for themselves whether they agree with your characterization of my attempt to engage vivify and his OP: Thread 172278
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 12:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    People can decide for themselves whether they agree with your characterization of my attempt to engage vivify and his OP: Thread 172278
    How else are the meant to decide? 🙄
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 12:34
    How else are the meant to decide? 🙄
    They might have taken your word for it. 😉
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 12:561 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    They might have taken your word for it. 😉
    They could do no worse than the word of a scholar and a gentleman 😵
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 13:12
    I don’t think you can claim to be a scholar, robbie, when you don't seem to know what "personal opinions" means and what the words "discuss objectively" mean when a poster offers to field questions from people whose opinions he disagrees with and to do so explicitly in defence of his (temporarily reconstructed) personal religious beliefs. 😉
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 13:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why should anyone bother reading that thread. We all know your methodology. I can't imagine why vivify feels the need to apologize.

Your true character is showing even now as evidenced by your ignoring of the OP.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 13:503 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don’t think you can claim to be a scholar, robbie, when you don't seem to know what "personal opinions" means and what the words "discuss objectively" mean when a poster offers to field questions from people whose opinions he disagrees with and to do so explicitly in defence of his (temporarily reconstructed) personal religious beliefs. 😉
    Sorry but I don't know what you are saying. Its the words, they appear to be from a higher intelligence. Like heralds from the future displaying a technology far in advancement of anything I have ever seen. How I could hope to communicate on the same level is forlorn and unlikely given that I am barely a sentient being falling in and out of rational thought in a state of listless semi-literacy. Sigh if only I had a penny for every churlish boor that condescended to tell me what I know and what I do not know! I might be able to purchase a good quality dictionary! and decipher such complex patterns. 😵
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 13:55
    Originally posted by josephw
    Why should anyone bother reading that thread. We all know your methodology. I can't imagine why vivify feels the need to apologize.

Your true character is showing even now as evidenced by your ignoring of the OP.
    Indeed this is what I thought as well, the usual attempts to make objective debate personal with 'what is your denomination' and other personal considerations.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 14:15

'all you can do is answer questions about your personal beliefs as they per ...[text shortened]... entirely sure that his frustration was not justified. FML is rather annoying character at times.
    That's not what happened at all weasel-breath.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 14:16
    I wouldn't trust you with the scrapings off my ass.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 14:17
    Originally posted by josephw

Just read the thread and stop whining like a 5 year old girl.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree