Followers of Witness Lee...

Followers of Witness Lee...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Jan 22

A Reply to those Assailing the Ground of Oneness.

Assailing the Ground of Oneness (5): God’s Choice Versus Doing What is Right in Our Own Eyes

https://shepherdingwords.com/assailing-the-ground-of-oneness-5-gods-choice-versus-doing-what-is-right-in-our-own-eyes/

F

Moves
11 Jan 22
1 edit

@sonship said
A Reply to those Assailing the Ground of Oneness.

Assailing the Ground of Oneness (5): God’s Choice Versus Doing What is Right in Our Own Eyes

https://shepherdingwords.com/assailing-the-ground-of-oneness-5-gods-choice-versus-doing-what-is-right-in-our-own-eyes/
What do you make of James' writing in the Bible?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Jan 22
1 edit

@FMF

I love the book of James and regard it as the word of God along with the other canonical books of the New Testament.

I can also appreciate why God assigned Paul to write 13 some NT books and James 1.

I did not watch the video yet. But I know the speaker is as contentious with fellow Christians wherever he seems to go. Last I heard even some Christians on campus where he preaches with his bullhorn had contention with him.

Some guys just are unhappy with fellow believers anywhere.

F

Moves
11 Jan 22

@sonship said
I did not watch the video yet. But I know the speaker is as contentious with fellow Christians wherever he seems to go. Last I heard even some Christians on campus where he preaches with his bullhorn had contention with him.
You could be describing yourself here. Aren't billions of Christians members of "Satan's" organizations?

F

Moves
11 Jan 22

@sonship said
I did not watch the video yet.
Part two is here...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Jan 22
5 edits

@FMF

Aren't billions of Christians members of "Satan's" organizations?

Yes, many are caught there. I cannot give numbers. And there is a way out. If there were not, then the voice would not call from heaven -

"Come out of her My people . . . " (Rev. 18:4)

Whereas you may be interested to portray me as not caring for fellow believers so carried away into the mixture of Babylon and having contempt for them, RATHER I have to view that they are still God's people whom God wants to save out of the confusion.

"And I heard another voice out of heasven, saying, Come out of her, My people, that you do not participate in her sins and that you do not receive her plagues; For her sins have accumulated up to heaven, and God has remembered her unrighteousnesses." (Rev. 18:4,5)

I certainly want to be led by the Lord OUT of any such situation. And I long that all my brothers and sisters in Jesus also "come out".

It does, however, no good to tell you this, because you still want to slanderously portray the matter as me scornfully condemning other Christians. Don't you ?

F

Moves
11 Jan 22

@sonship said
Whereas you may be interested to portray me as not caring for fellow believers so carried away into the mixture of Babylon and having contempt for them, RATHER I have to view that they are still God's people whom God wants to save out of the confusion.
Do you think God is working through you, inspiring you to peddle Witness Lee's ideology, in order to "save" followers of Jesus - who are not members of your cult - from "Satan"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Jan 22
3 edits

@FMF

What do you make of James' writing in the Bible?

I think James was particularly perceptive in discribing two kinds of wisdom - one from God above and one from fallen minds of men and fleshly.

"But if there is bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not boast and lie against the truth.

This wisdom is not that which descends from above, but is earthly, soulish, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition are, there disorder and every worthless practice are.

But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peacable, forbearing, compliant, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial, without hypocrisy." (James 3:14-17)

This is my asperation, to attain the wisdom from the Holy Spirit more and be weaned from the lower kind of Godless and fleshy wisdom of the world in its oldness of the fallen Adamic man under ruination.

So I appreciate the book of James very much for this exhortation.

F

Moves
11 Jan 22

@sonship said
It does, however, no good to tell you this, because you still want to slanderously portray the matter as me scornfully condemning other Christians. Don't you ?
If you don't think portraying other's beliefs as being in cahoots with, serving, or being the work of "Satan" as slander snd scorn, then that is a matter for you and your tumescent sanctimoniousness.

F

Moves
11 Jan 22

@sonship said
I did not watch the video yet.
What do you think of Witness Lee's study of James' epistle specifically mentioned in the video?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Jan 22
5 edits

@FMF

Then it is "sanctimonious" according to the word of God.

The Scriptures have the history of Babylon and its problems to Israel.
And the Scriptures uses this history as symbolism to portray some of the problems of God's new testament saints.

If that is too "sanctimonious" for you, that's too bad.

F

Moves
11 Jan 22

@sonship said
Then it is "sanctimonious" according to the word of God.
Spoken like a true cult member.

F

Moves
11 Jan 22

@sonship said
And the Scriptures uses this history as symbolism to portray some of the problems of God's new testament saints.
It's called "Crystallization-study of the Epistle of James".

Moves
11 Jan 22

@fmf said
What do you think of Witness Lee's study of James' epistle specifically mentioned in the video?
Good luck getting a reply to this.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Jan 22

'We need to see that God inspired James to write the Epistle of James with a purpose. This purpose is to expose James’s mistake. James’s own writing exposes his fault. In a later message we will see more concerning the purpose of God in having James as a book of His holy Scriptures. The purpose of God is just to expose James; however, throughout the centuries most of the readers of the Bible approve James. The whole Scripture was written under the inspiration of the Spirit of God, but not every word in the Bible is the word of God. The word itself may not be the word of God, but it was recorded by some writer under the inspiration of the Spirit of God. All Scripture is God-breathed (2 Tim. 3:16). The word in the Scripture and the scriptural record itself are two distinct things. For example, the word in Genesis 3:1 is the word of Satan, but the record of that word is through Moses. Moses wrote that word under the inspiration of the Spirit of God.'

Crystallization-Study of the Epistle of James,
by Witness Lee