Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Spirituality

Spirituality

  1. Subscriber Rajk999
    Enjoying
    28 Apr '18 15:28 / 1 edit
    You would do well to read, digest, understand and believe Jesus here:

    And the Father that sent me, he hath borne witness of me.
    Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his form.
    And ye have not his word abiding in you:
    for whom he sent, him ye believe not.
    Ye search the scriptures, because ye think that in them
    ye have eternal life; and these are they which bear witness of me;
    and ye will not come to me, that ye may have life.
    (John 5:37-40 ASV)


    Jesus said -You search the Scriptures for eternal life
    But eternal life is standing in front you now
    and you would not come to me to have life.


    There is no virtue in reading and gathering doctrines
    from the scripture if you have in front of you the words
    the one that God sent, His Son Jesus Christ
    The words of Jesus Christ is life.
    That is all that is needed.
  2. Subscriber sonship
    the corrected one.
    29 Apr '18 13:18 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    The words of Jesus Christ is life.
    That is all that is needed.


    So this is life ?


    King James Bible

    All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

    Christian Standard Bible
    Everyone the Father gives me will come to me, and the one who comes to me I will never cast out.


    John 6:37


    So this too is life?

    New American Standard Bible
    Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent."

    King James Bible
    Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.


    John 6:29
  3. 29 Apr '18 13:30
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    You would do well to read, digest, understand and believe Jesus here:

    [i]And the Father that sent me, he hath borne witness of me.
    Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his form.
    And ye have not his word abiding in you:
    for whom he sent, him ye believe not.
    Ye search the scriptures, because ye think that in them
    ye have eternal ...[text shortened]... nt, His Son Jesus Christ
    [b]The words of Jesus Christ is life.
    That is all that is needed.
    [/b]
    "...and these are they which bear witness of me;"

    You can't read and comprehend any better than ThinkOfOne.

    The scriptures, all of them, bear witness of Jesus. Jesus is affirming that fact. He's not saying, as you appear to be saying, that somehow it's a waste of time to search the scriptures because He was there in front of His disciples.

    You're blind.
  4. Subscriber Rajk999
    Enjoying
    29 Apr '18 22:52
    Originally posted by @secondson
    [b]"...and these are they which bear witness of me;"

    You can't read and comprehend any better than ThinkOfOne.

    The scriptures, all of them, bear witness of Jesus. Jesus is affirming that fact. He's not saying, as you appear to be saying, that somehow it's a waste of time to search the scriptures because He was there in front of His disciples.

    You're blind.[/b]
    The words of Jesus Christ [ obeying His commandments ] is eternal life.
    You are apparently chasing after some other doctrine
  5. 30 Apr '18 11:02
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    The words of Jesus Christ [ obeying His commandments ] is eternal life.
    You are apparently chasing after some other doctrine
    Jesus said of the scriptures that "these are they which bear witness of me;"

    You are a hypocrite when you say "the words of Jesus" but ignore the scriptures that "bear witness" of Him, and accuse me of "chasing after some other doctrine".

    Your doctrine is chasing after eternal life by the performance of works. The scriptures teach that that is as filthy rags. By seeking to have eternal life through the performance of works makes the sacrifice of Christ on the cross useless for you.

    Galatians 3:1-3
    O foolish Rajk, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
    This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
    Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
  6. Subscriber Rajk999
    Enjoying
    30 Apr '18 11:40
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Jesus said of the scriptures that "these are they which bear witness of me;"

    You are a hypocrite when you say "the words of Jesus" but ignore the scriptures that "bear witness" of Him, and accuse me of "chasing after some other doctrine".

    Your doctrine is chasing after eternal life by the performance of works. The scriptures teach that that is as f ...[text shortened]... of faith?
    Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
    The prophets bear witness of Jesus. They spoke of his coming. They did not speak of eternal life. So the prophets do not have the words of eternal life. Only Jesus has the words of eternal life.

    Proof that you do not have Jesus and you do not have eternal life is your constant quoting of scripture that Jesus did not say. This entire paragraph is nonsensical church doctrine and demonstrates your poor understanding of the teachings of Christ :

    Your doctrine is chasing after eternal life by the performance of works. The scriptures teach that that is as filthy rags. By seeking to have eternal life through the performance of works makes the sacrifice of Christ on the cross useless for you.

    Nothing there is from Jesus Christ. hence you do not know Christ

    Your quote from Galatians 3 similarly demonstrates poor understanding of scripture. Paul was warning those Christians who wanted to revert to the Law of Moses. Paul warns them that they must obey the doctrine of Christ, they must avoid sin, they must live righteously failure to do this means that they would not inherit the kingdom of God

    Cherry pickers stop at Galatians 3. Read Galatians 4,5 and 6 and get the whole picture. Right now your doctrine contains nothing from Jesus Christ, and 10% of Paul.

    Jesus Christ is eternal life.. not Isaiah and the prophets.
    The Holy Spirit cannot possibly be with Christians like you