1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    25 Jan '11 21:15
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/articles/2009/01/timeline.gif

    If you print it out and use a rullar to draw a line from Noahs birth up and his death down you will see who was alive when he was. So he might have talked with them?

    Enoch was taken before he was born so then only 6 generations before him not 7.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    25 Jan '11 21:24
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/articles/2009/01/timeline.gif

    If you print it out and use a rullar to draw a line from Noahs birth up and his death down you will see who was alive when he was. So he might have talked with them?

    Enoch was taken before he was born so then only 6 generations before him not 7.
    Interesting graph of the myth of the earliest people on Earth. Thanks.

    Metuselah seems to be killed by the great flood. Was he a sinner...?
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    25 Jan '11 21:362 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Interesting graph of the myth of the earliest people on Earth. Thanks.

    Metuselah seems to be killed by the great flood. Was he a sinner...?
    Read it again carefully. His name means "When he dies it will come."
    His name was a warning.

    The great length of his life span probably signifies the forebearance of God wishing that all would have enough time to repent. Methusaleh lived the longest of anyone in the Bible.

    So I think he died first, and then the flood came.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    25 Jan '11 22:23
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Interesting graph of the myth of the earliest people on Earth. Thanks.

    Metuselah seems to be killed by the great flood. Was he a sinner...?
    He might have died in the flood?
    But his name means my death will bring the flood.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    25 Jan '11 22:241 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Read it again carefully. His name means [b]"When he dies it will come."
    His name was a warning.

    The great length of his life span probably signifies the forebearance of God wishing that all would have enough time to repent. Methusaleh lived the longest of anyone in the Bible.

    So I think he died first, and then the flood came.[/b]
    I should hve seen this before I posted that. Noah did probably have aunt's and uncle's, brothers and sisters, and cousins that died in the flood. oh, and his brotehrs and sisters probably had children too.
  6. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    89724
    25 Jan '11 23:03
    Thanks for supplying RbHill.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    26 Jan '11 12:08
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Read it again carefully. His name means [b]"When he dies it will come."
    His name was a warning.

    The great length of his life span probably signifies the forebearance of God wishing that all would have enough time to repent. Methusaleh lived the longest of anyone in the Bible.

    So I think he died first, and then the flood came.[/b]
    So it actually wasn't his name before someone named him that? Was he named after his death or before?
    (Any answer to this question will be followed by "and your reference is...?)

    Sounds quite much like a ad hoc construction, if you ask me.
  8. Lowlands paradise
    Joined
    25 Feb '09
    Moves
    14018
    26 Jan '11 13:12
    Fabulous story. My children loved to play with Noah's ark, but had always problems with getting all the animals aboard. Can anyone tell me how many animals were on the ark.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    26 Jan '11 14:126 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    So it actually wasn't his name before someone named him that? Was he named after his death or before?
    (Any answer to this question will be followed by "and your reference is...?)

    Sounds quite much like a ad hoc construction, if you ask me.
    ==============================
    So it actually wasn't his name before someone named him that? Was he named after his death or before?
    (Any answer to this question will be followed by "and your reference is...?)

    Sounds quite much like a ad hoc construction, if you ask me.
    =================================


    I am sure that the name was given to him at birth. His name was given by his father a Godly man named "Enoch". Enoch is the man who walked with God and was raptured out of the earth.

    He knew something was going to happen. And for that reason he prophetically called his son "When he dies it will come" . The "it" most likely refers to the flood of God's judgment.

    Two signigicant things that happened before the flood is that Enoch walked with God and was raptured and Methuseleh ("When he dies it will come" ) , lived a good long long life.

    "And Enoch lived susty-five years and begot Methuselah. (Gen.5:21)

    And Enoch walked with God after he had begotten Methuselah three hundred years

    ... And Enoch walked with God, and he was not, for God too him., (v.24)

    ... and all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sisxty years, and he died. (v.27)

    And Lamech [Methuselah's son] lived a hundred eighty two years and begat a son.

    And he called his name Noah, saying, This one will give us rest from our work and from the toil of our hands, which came because of the ground which Jehoivah has cursed." (v. 29)
    [/b]


    Enoch probably knowing through God what was coming, walked with God for 300 yearw and was raptured because of his godly walk. One day Enoch was just not found.

    Of all the other men it says that they died. Enoch was an exception. How would you walk if you knew that God's judgment upon the world was coming soon ? Seeing that God's judgment is coming, we should learn to take each step walking with God.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    26 Jan '11 14:17
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]==============================
    So it actually wasn't his name before someone named him that? Was he named after his death or before?
    (Any answer to this question will be followed by "and your reference is...?)

    Sounds quite much like a ad hoc construction, if you ask me.
    =================================


    I am sure that the name ...[text shortened]... d you walk if you knew that God's judgment upon the world was coming soon ?[/b]
    Sounds as a good story. I thank you for your lengthy answer. I've learned something today.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    26 Jan '11 14:222 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Sounds as a good story. I thank you for your lengthy answer. I've learned something today.
    You're welcome.

    We know that Enoch was a prophet from the book of Jude. And we surmize that he was very concerned about how to raise his children, knowing that God's judgment was to come.

    I think he walked with God not only for his own sake but for the sake of his children.

    The longest living one, Methuselah, suggests to me God's holding off as long as He possibly could in His mercy.

    I think today God's judgment is also about to come on the world. As the world then had never seen before what God brought upon them so it is today.

    The world has not yet seen what God is about to unleash upon the world in these last days before the second coming of Christ.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35529
    28 Jan '11 21:05
    Originally posted by jaywill
    You're welcome.

    We know that Enoch was a prophet from the book of [b]Jude
    . And we surmize that he was very concerned about how to raise his children, knowing that God's judgment was to come.

    I think he walked with God not only for his own sake but for the sake of his children.

    The longest living one, Methuselah, suggests to me God's holdin ...[text shortened]... od is about to unleash upon the world in these last days before the second coming of Christ.[/b]
    Matthew 24:37-39
  13. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    89724
    28 Jan '11 22:41
    Originally posted by jaywill
    You're welcome.

    We know that Enoch was a prophet from the book of [b]Jude
    . And we surmize that he was very concerned about how to raise his children, knowing that God's judgment was to come.

    I think he walked with God not only for his own sake but for the sake of his children.

    The longest living one, Methuselah, suggests to me God's holdin ...[text shortened]... od is about to unleash upon the world in these last days before the second coming of Christ.[/b]
    Justin Bieber may well be the 1st Horseman of the apocalypse - i havent had the chance to read the 14-15 yr olds autobiography yet - but l am sure he must talk about the end of the world in it.
Back to Top