1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 12:382 edits
    ===============================
    gain, I reference God's Words. Not mine. Therefore, Suicide goes against the commandments of God, it is murder.
    ===================================

I think a more profound realization is the Jesus Christ has made suicide obsolete. In His death He has effectively killed me off anyway.

I have been crucified with Christ, says Paul. It became a reality to Paul. Through His continued enjoyment of the Spirit of Jesus Paul realized that in Christ's death Paul's troublesome old man had been terminated.

It is all in the Spirit. In the Spirit is everyone's termination. What plagues and troubles us, what we can not bear any longer to live with, all this has been crucified with Christ.

Jesus' death on the cross has made suicide for me obsolete. What I need is to enjoy my co-death and resurrection in His Holy Spirit.

"For I through the law have died to law that I might live to God.

I am crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me." (Gal. 2:19,20)

Again Paul tells the beleivers to excercise faith in the fact of there co-death with Christ:

"Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we also will live with Him." (Rom. 6:8)

"Or are you ignorant that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?

We have been buried therefore with Him through baptism into death, in order that just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so also we might walk in newness of life.

For if we have grown together with Him in the likeness of His death, indeed we will also be in the likeness of His resurrection.

Knowing this, that our old man has been crucified with Him in order that the body of sin might be annulled, that we should no longer serve sin as slaves; For he who has died is justified from sin." ( See Rom. 6:3-7)

JESUS HAS MADE SUICIDE OBSOLETE AND UNECESSARY. The believer's co-death with Christ, enjoyed in the Holy Spirit is more effective.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree