1. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    16 Jul '06 11:01
    All nature, all formations, all creatures exist in and with one another, and they will be resolved again into their own roots.
  2. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    17 Jul '06 12:11
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    All nature, all formations, all creatures exist in and with one another, and they will be resolved again into their own roots.
  3. Joined
    10 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '06 15:36
    you know something alot of neopagans believe that same concept at least for the physical body
  4. Joined
    24 Nov '04
    Moves
    17 Jul '06 15:37
    ...is this not what 'ashes to ashes, dust to dust' attempts to show?
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    17 Jul '06 20:10
    Originally posted by ayamethesnake
    you know something alot of neopagans believe that same concept at least for the physical body
    A lot of early Christians did too.
  6. Joined
    10 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '06 23:32
    A lot of early Christians did too.
    hmm, I see, I beieve the same thing with the physical body, but our spirits are something completely diffrent.
  7. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    18 Jul '06 00:10
    I believe that too.

It's called the Carbon Cycle...
  8. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    18 Jul '06 01:01
    Question! According to this gnostic text, could you surmise that consciousness holds matter or formations in place. And without consciousness all matter returns to it's original state?
  9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    18 Jul '06 02:12
    Originally posted by spiritmangr8ness
    Question! According to this gnostic text, could you surmise that consciousness holds matter or formations in place. And without consciousness all matter returns to it's original state?
    Everything breaks down, eventually becoming the energy that it's made from.
  10. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    18 Jul '06 08:18
    hmm, I see, I beieve the same thing with the physical body, but our spirits are something completely diffrent.
    Try this; quantum consciousness
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    18 Jul '06 08:28
    Thanks, I needed that.
  12. Joined
    10 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '06 11:59
    explain to me what exactly that is?
  13. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    18 Jul '06 12:37
    explain to me what exactly that is?
    Quantum consciousness is a protoscientific hypothesis that posits a connection between consciousness, neurobiology and quantum mechanics. The hypothesis claims that quantum mechanics is capable of explaining conscious experience. In short it is also theorized that consciousness is a force not unlike gravity or any other force that holds form (matter) in place or gives form to matter. This gives rise to our conscious experience,and may possibly at some time explain how God makes it all work. What I like about it is that this is not pseudoscience
  14. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    18 Jul '06 20:31
    Quantum consciousness is a protoscientific hypothesis that posits a connection between consciousness, neurobiology and quantum mechanics. The hypothesis claims that quantum mechanics is capable of explaining conscious experience. In short it is also theorized that consciousness is a force not unlike gravity or any other force that holds form (matter ...[text shortened]... e time explain how God makes it all work. What I like about it is that this is not pseudoscience
    But how does quantum mechanics explain consciousness?

Isn't it just an attempt to explain one explicable thing in terms of another, with little prospect of mutual elucidation?
  15. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 00:11
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    But how does quantum mechanics explain consciousness?

Isn't it just an attempt to explain one explicable thing in terms of another, with little prospect of mutual elucidation?
    I suppose so however, this is where known reality breaks down "In this quantum world, things are interconnected beyond the limits of space and time. Behind the classical world of separate material particles lies a world that is nonseparable. In a sense, a system of two particles is not two separate particles at all, but one nonseparable potential which contains the possibilities for the manifestation of two particles. Similarly, a system of many particles is also united in the same way. Thus the whole universe is united in one wave of potentiality living in a vast space of unimaginable possibility. While the world appears to be a Many, quantum mechanics demonstrates that it is also a One."

the prevailing thought is that consciousness is not a faculty of mind but rather exist outside of the individual yet we are able to percieve it. A lot of this stuff is very philosophical still. Rather than attempt to explain myself (still learning) check out this link http://www.integralscience.org/ConsciousQM.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree