1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    04 Nov '05 23:241 edit
    Will the real Chester the Molester please stand up?

Which of these Chesters has been sued in court, and which have been merely accused?

Father Chester Devlin
    Father Chester Gawronski
    Father Chester Misercola

For extra credit, comment on the wisdom of the Church ordaining a person named Chester.
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 Nov '05 00:47
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles

Which of these Chesters has been sued in court, and which have been merely accused?

Father Chester Devlin
    Father Chester Gawronski
    Father Chester Misercola

For extra credit, comment on the wisdom of the Church ordaining a person named Chester.
    OK, i'm going to say Delvin has been sued and the others have been accused. I must say that doing a little research on this is like going through the New York City phonebook. I didn't know there were that many priest in this country let alone that many accused of sexual abuse.

Professor, I also found another interesting name among the accused. His name was Decock. Does this name have a Dutch root? I know you have been working hard as of late on learning this intriguing language.
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Nov '05 00:583 edits
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    OK, i'm going to say Delvin has been sued and the others have been accused. I must say that doing a little research on this is like going through the New York City phonebook. I didn't know there were that many priest in this country let alone that many accused of sexual abuse.

Professor, I also found another interesting name among the accused. H ...[text shortened]... Dutch root? I know you have been working hard as of late on learning this intriguing language.
    Father Devlin is not the real Chester the Molester.

Ah, Father DeCock, a gentleman and a scholar, accused of "sexual abuse with a male minor."

http://www.madisoncatholicherald.org/2002-12-26/

That name very well could be Dutch, although I haven't come across it in my studies so far.

When you were in seminary, there weren't any students named Chester, were there?
  4. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    05 Nov '05 01:01
    Between Uncle Fester and Prester Chester, it's a scary world to be a little kid in.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 Nov '05 01:20
    Father Devlin is not the real Chester the Molester.

Ah, Father DeCock, a gentleman and a scholar, accused of "sexual abuse with a male minor."

http://www.madisoncatholicherald.org/2002-12-26/

That name very well could be Dutch, although I haven't come across it in my studies so far.

When you were in seminary, there weren't any students named Chester, were there?
    You're not going to believe this, but I swear this is a true story. I did not know any Chesters in seminary. However, in my first ministry assignment I came across a man dying of cancer whose name was Chester. He had a nurse with really big titties. One day while she was checking his blood pressure or something like that he reached up and grabbed her boobs. He immediately disolved into tears of guilt. His nurse had the damn sense not to shame him for this which I always appreciated in her. Chester was a fine outstanding church-going man. He just loved titties like the rest of us. May he rest in peace.
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Nov '05 01:23
    You're not going to believe this, but I swear this is a true story. I did not know any Chesters in seminary. However, in my first ministry assignment I came across a man dying of cancer whose name was Chester. He had a nurse with really big titties. One day while she was checking his blood pressure or something like that he reached up and grabbed he ...[text shortened]... outstanding church-going man. He just loved titties like the rest of us. May he rest in peace.
    Reverend, I believe every word of it. Your stories are the best.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 Nov '05 01:43
    Reverend, I believe every word of it. Your stories are the best.
    I've got another one if you're up fo it. I had this young woman who was dying of AIDS. She used to be a stripper. She was kind of a prodigal daughter. Showed up on her parents doorstep after being gone for years. They graciously took her in and cared for her without judgment.

This lady had a homemade quilt on her bed that I really didn't pay very close attention to, but upon further inspection, it was made up of many panels that were stitched outlines of her in various sexual positions. Not your grandmother's quilt, but I always respected this affluent family that lived in a very upscale neighborhood for allowing her to be comforted by her homemade quilt all the way to the end of her life.
  8. Not Kansas
    Moves
    05 Nov '05 02:00
    I've got another one if you're up fo it. I had this young woman who was dying of AIDS. She used to be a stripper. She was kind of a prodigal daughter. Showed up on her parents doorstep after being gone for years. They graciously took her in and cared for her without judgment.

This lady had a homemade quilt on her bed that I really didn't pay ...[text shortened]... rhood for allowing her to be comforted by her homemade quilt all the way to the end of her life.
    Sounds like some effin quilt.
  9. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    05 Nov '05 09:492 edits

Father Chester Devlin
    Father Chester Gawronski
    Father Chester Misercola

Father Chester Devlin was accused but not sued in court.

http://www.snapnetwork.org/news/massachusetts/worcester/conte_closes_cases.htm

Funny thing about D.A. Conte is that he has been donating a number of campaign funds to the Worchester dioceses.

http://www.worcestervoice.com/DA%20Conte/Campaign%20Disclosure.htm

Chester Gawbronski ... accused and removed. Not sued.

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/priestdb/db_by_name_2.html

Chester Misercola ... accused but not sued.

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/priestdb/db_by_name_2.html

My tiny investigation "says" neither of them have been sued. But Chester Devlins case was dropped because of Statute of limitations. Therefore my answer to the question is that Chester Devlin is the real "Chester the Molester".
  10. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Nov '05 14:36
    Originally posted by NicolaiS

My tiny investigation "says" neither of them have been sued.
    You are correct. The Church has yet to produce a court-verified Chester the Molester. Imagine that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree