1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12693
    09 Feb '15 06:33
    Gaps In The Fossil Timeline

    Historically, there have been controversial differences between the times predicted by the molecular clock and the fossil record. This is because the hands of the clock start ticking before novel life forms make their way into the rock record. Furthermore, not everything is recorded - the rarity of animals and plants found in the fossil record further serves to create major gaps in the timeline.

    http://www.bris.ac.uk/news/2011/7875.html

    Maybe the evolutionary timeline for fossils is exaggerated.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12693
    09 Feb '15 06:36
    Dwarf Dinosaurs on Haţeg Island, Romania

    http://www.bris.ac.uk/news/2010/6845.html

    Mouse to elephant? Just wait 24 million generations

    Dr Evans said he was surprised to find that decreases in body size occurred more than ten times faster than the increases.

    “The huge difference in rates for getting smaller and getting bigger is really astounding – we certainly never expected it could happen so fast!” Dr Evans said.

    Many miniature animals, such as the pygmy mammoth, dwarf hippo and ‘hobbit’ hominids, lived on islands, helping to explain the size reduction.

    “When you do get smaller, you need less food and can reproduce faster, which are real advantages on small islands,” Dr Evans said.

    http://www.bris.ac.uk/news/2012/8208.html
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    6772
    09 Feb '15 22:24
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Gaps In The Fossil Timeline

    Historically, there have been controversial differences between the times predicted by the molecular clock and the fossil record.
    Nope.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12693
    09 Feb '15 23:39
    I believe we have a troll on the loose. He goes by the name Shallow Blue.
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    6772
    10 Feb '15 10:37
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I believe we have a troll on the loose. He goes by the name Shallow Blue.
    Nope. Just telling it as it is. There is no serious controversy about "gaps" in the fossil time line - there are just people who understand archæology, and people who don't want to.

    If I were a troll, I'd post something like that just to draw out a reaction. But I don't. I post it because it really is my considered opinion.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12693
    10 Feb '15 11:431 edit
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Nope. Just telling it as it is. There is no serious controversy about "gaps" in the fossil time line - there are just people who understand archæology, and people who don't want to.

    If I were a troll, I'd post something like that just to draw out a reaction. But I don't. I post it because it really is my considered opinion.
    Your ignorance about it does not mean there is no serious controversy about "gaps" in the fossil time line. The post from the evolutionist alone shows there is a controversy and that does not even include the view of creationist, who know the fossil time line is made up to support a fairy tale.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52613
    10 Feb '15 12:18
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Gaps In The Fossil Timeline

    Historically, there have been controversial differences between the times predicted by the molecular clock and the fossil record. This is because the hands of the clock start ticking before novel life forms make their way into the rock record. Furthermore, not everything is recorded - the rarity of animals and plants found in ...[text shortened]... ac.uk/news/2011/7875.html

    [b]Maybe the evolutionary timeline for fossils is exaggerated.
    [/b]
    Grasping at straws again. Hopefully your whole house of wax will dissolve into the dregs of history. The sooner the better.
  8. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Joined
    20 Apr '04
    Moves
    34112
    10 Feb '15 12:37
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Dwarf Dinosaurs on Haţeg Island, Romania

    http://www.bris.ac.uk/news/2010/6845.html

    Mouse to elephant? Just wait 24 million generations

    Dr Evans said he was surprised to find that decreases in body size occurred more than ten times faster than the increases.

    “The huge difference in rates for getting smaller and getting bigger is really astounding ...[text shortened]... e real advantages on small islands,” Dr Evans said.

    http://www.bris.ac.uk/news/2012/8208.html
    Thank you for this interesting piece of information. It demonstrates evolution at work, with a rational explanataion.

    Not sure why you posted it, though, or how you believe it supports your crazy pov.

    The fact that there are certainly "differences of opinion" about evolutionists, just underlines the scientific process, with peer review being an important aspect.

    There are no "differences of opinion" in the YEC camp, because all agree that it is 6000 years ago (give or take) and all "created" in six days. No scope there for rational or informed debate and investigation.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12693
    10 Feb '15 13:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Grasping at straws again. Hopefully your whole house of wax will dissolve into the dregs of history. The sooner the better.
    Not likely. We are just getting started on the science of our own. 😏
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12693
    10 Feb '15 13:31
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Thank you for this interesting piece of information. It demonstrates evolution at work, with a rational explanataion.

    Not sure why you posted it, though, or how you believe it supports your crazy pov.

    The fact that there are certainly "differences of opinion" about evolutionists, just underlines the scientific process, with peer review being an import ...[text shortened]... and all "created" in six days. No scope there for rational or informed debate and investigation.
    That is because God does not change. 😏

    HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52613
    10 Feb '15 14:40
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Not likely. We are just getting started on the science of our own. 😏
    And what has that science gotten you so far? You have any new creationist Phd's? I mean, you have had 2000+ years to get that science going and in just a few hundred years of REAL science, they have left you so far behind you will be just scratching your heads wondering what just happened that creationists are all alone in a less and less theistic planet. I feel SO sorry for you. NOT.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12693
    10 Feb '15 15:17
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And what has that science gotten you so far? You have any new creationist Phd's? I mean, you have had 2000+ years to get that science going and in just a few hundred years of REAL science, they have left you so far behind you will be just scratching your heads wondering what just happened that creationists are all alone in a less and less theistic planet. I feel SO sorry for you. NOT.
    Our scientists are catching up fast and are providing scientific evidence for creation, a young earth, and the God of the Holy Bible as the Intelligent Designer of DNA and genetics of the cell. 😏
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    1795
    10 Feb '15 15:21
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Our scientists are catching up fast and are providing scientific evidence for creation, a young earth, and the God of the Holy Bible as the Intelligent Designer of DNA and genetics of the cell. 😏
    There is not one single part of that sentence that is true.
  14. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Joined
    20 Apr '04
    Moves
    34112
    10 Feb '15 16:431 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is because God does not change.
    You did not answer my contention that your quote actually supports evolution, and strongly so.
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    10 Feb '15 17:54
    It's most admirable that you guys still try to correct him, 'though you must know by now you might as well be typing in cuneiform.
Back to Top