1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    23 May '15 00:171 edit
    Do Jehovah witnesses like to except gifts?

    I gave a vending machine toy of the Seattle Seahawks to a Jehovah's Witness who had the Seattle Seahawks on his car. It seemed like he didn't really want it? His a grandkid was all over it saying give me give me 🙂
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86400
    23 May '15 07:44
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Do Jehovah witnesses like to except gifts?

    I gave a vending machine toy of the Seattle Seahawks to a Jehovah's Witness who had the Seattle Seahawks on his car. It seemed like he didn't really want it? His a grandkid was all over it saying give me give me 🙂
    I'm sure your isolated (and somewhat incoherent) experience can easily be generalised to an entire group of millions.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    23 May '15 08:29
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm sure your isolated (and somewhat incoherent) experience can easily be generalised to an entire group of millions.
    Possibly
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86400
    23 May '15 08:311 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Do Jehovah witnesses like to except gifts?

    I gave a vending machine toy of the Seattle Seahawks to a Jehovah's Witness who had the Seattle Seahawks on his car. It seemed like he didn't really want it? His a grandkid was all over it saying give me give me 🙂
    He probably thought your were a religionist weirdo trying to kidnap his kid.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    23 May '15 11:07
    Originally posted by divegeester
    He probably thought your were a religionist weirdo trying to kidnap his kid.
    It was at my work site. I was in uniform. I didn't know he was a JW till I came to the car and saw the book in his hands. Also he waits in the car so he doesn't get sick at the clinic I guard at probably.
  6. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    23 May '15 11:38
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Do Jehovah witnesses like to except gifts?

    I gave a vending machine toy of the Seattle Seahawks to a Jehovah's Witness who had the Seattle Seahawks on his car. It seemed like he didn't really want it? His a grandkid was all over it saying give me give me 🙂
    We not only accept gifts we like giving as well. Perhaps it was the tacky nature of the gift that turned our brother off.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    23 May '15 12:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    We not only accept gifts we like giving as well. Perhaps it was the tacky nature of the gift that turned our brother off.
    No it wasn't a tacky NFL gift. I guess he was an illegal that liked soccer?
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    23 May '15 12:25
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    No it wasn't a tacky NFL gift. I guess he was an illegal that liked soccer?
    Or maybe because I was in a uniform. And most cops/guards of these days are getting bad wraps for protecting themselves!
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    23 May '15 13:33
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    No it wasn't a tacky NFL gift. I guess he was an illegal that liked soccer?
    One man can only assume so much!
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    23 May '15 14:34
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    No it wasn't a tacky NFL gift. I guess he was an illegal that liked soccer?
    And you are making racist religious biased remarks.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86400
    24 May '15 06:091 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    It was at my work site. I was in uniform. I didn't know he was a JW till I came to the car and saw the book in his hands. Also he waits in the car so he doesn't get sick at the clinic I guard at probably.
    So here's the picture:

    You are wandering around a parking lot in uniform carrying a kids toy and trying to pass it off to random children in their grandparents car. And you wonder why the guardian of the child was a little wary of you.

    😕
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86400
    24 May '15 06:11
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Or maybe because I was in a uniform. And most cops/guards of these days are getting bad wraps for protecting themselves!
    Are you a policeman or a car park attendant?
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8595
    24 May '15 07:02
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    [b]It was at my work site. I was in uniform...
    Be honest, was it really a uniform or just fancy dress?
  14. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    24 May '15 08:14
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Be honest, was it really a uniform or just fancy dress?
    LOL 😀
  15. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    24 May '15 08:37
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are you a policeman or a car park attendant?
    He says earlier that he is a guard.

    I too would hesitate to receive a gift from a stranger at a shopping mall, even a guard.
Back to Top