1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 01:43
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Opinion pieces. Show me the peer reviewed papers. Otherwise you get no street cred putting up this street crud.

I actually have the original paper that shows the work to date the artifacts at Gobekli. I have to figure out how to get it from PDF to word so I can post it here.
    But is it peer reviewed?

ANSWER: No.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 15:23
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ0ViMVxKZA

So far, the oldest monuments on Earth, Some folk thinks it tells the story of a major flood and the dating would put it thousands of years before the biblical flood which makes sense since this time was at the end of the last major ice age and floods happened all around Earth, like the making of the Great Lakes ...[text shortened]... the midwest of the US.

This kind of flooding was real but not world wide like the bible tale.
    sonhouse, if you can tear yourself away from the thread hijackers and the idiots, can you tell us where you were going with the OP before your thread was jumped on and mangled?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 18:23
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    sonhouse, if you can tear yourself away from the thread hijackers and the idiots, can you tell us where you were going with the OP before your thread was jumped on and mangled?
    It is obvious to a moron, like me, that he has attempted to disprove the Bible tale of a worldwide flood. Even the so-called hijackers and idiots can see that. Why can't you?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 19:15
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is obvious to a moron, like me, that he has attempted to disprove the Bible tale of a worldwide flood. Even the so-called hijackers and idiots can see that. Why can't you?
    The flood was only part of it. Actually one of the opinions ventured by the crew doing the video was these people deliberately buried the monuments because they knew there was going to be a flood.

BTW, if there was a world wide flood, how did plants start growing back? I would think a month under water would kill ANY kind of land plant, trees, bushes, marsh lands, wheat, rice, corn, etc.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 19:41
    The flood was only part of it. Actually one of the opinions ventured by the crew doing the video was these people deliberately buried the monuments because they knew there was going to be a flood.

BTW, if there was a world wide flood, how did plants start growing back? I would think a month under water would kill ANY kind of land plant, trees, bushes, marsh lands, wheat, rice, corn, etc.
    That is a wild opinion and you actually think that makes sense? It was longer than a month of flooding, so you thought wrong.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 19:521 edit
    That is a wild opinion and you actually think that makes sense? It was longer than a month of flooding, so you thought wrong.
    You are proving my point. There would have been no land plants left alive after 40 days and 40 nights buried underwater. If you think that is crazy, try putting a flower plant totally submerged for a week, see if is survives. For one thing,it would receive no sunlight and another, it could not transpire. So how did the entire planet including places like Madagascar, big isolated islands, get their plants back?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 20:33
    You are proving my point. There would have been no land plants left alive after 40 days and 40 nights buried underwater. If you think that is crazy, try putting a flower plant totally submerged for a week, see if is survives. For one thing,it would receive no sunlight and another, it could not transpire. So how did the entire planet including places like Madagascar, big isolated islands, get their plants back?
    Skeptics have a tendency to ignore the fact there are tree and plant species that actually thrive in flood-like conditions or even saltwater. For example, mangroves live primarily along tropical coastlines. Not to mention the flowering plants and trees that flourish in swamplands.

The Bible indicates that as the Flood waters receded, plants had already started regrowing; evidenced by the dove that returned with an olive leaf (Genesis 8:10–11). This happened at approximately Day 278 of the Flood event; 128 days after the Ark came to rest on one of the mountains of Ararat; giving plenty of time for plants to start taking root and regrow. Howe discovered that even after 140 days of soaking, the seeds of wild flowering plant types were still viable enough to germinate.

Another way plants would have survived is that they were taken onto the Ark as food for Noah, his family, and the animals (Genesis 6:21). Some of these plants could have been the cereal plants Howe found were unable to survive a long time immersed in water. Some of these were replanted by Noah and his family after the Flood since we are specifically told he planted a vineyard (Genesis 9:20). After leaving the Ark any seeds the animals ingested during their final days on the Ark could have passed through and then left on the ground in the animals’ excrement.

Many plants and seeds could have survived on vegetation-mats of floating debris. Floating vegetation could have contained many uprooted trees and other plants that could have survived and then regrown once the Floodwaters receded (think, for example, water sprouts). The olive and many other trees and plants are propagated, even today, by asexual budding from planted cuttings. So some seeds could have survived in this debris and their root systems just as Charles Darwin observed, “. . . out of one small portion of the earth thus completely enclosed in by the roots of an oak about 50 years old, three dicotyledonous plants germinated. . . .”

Many herbivorous animals died in the Flood and their carcasses could have floated as carrion on the surface of the waters holding and protecting seeds in their bodies. Once again, Darwin made an astute observation: “Again, I can show that the carcasses of birds, when floating on the sea, sometimes escape being immediately devoured: and many kinds of seeds in the crops of floating birds long retain their vitality. . . but some taken out of the crop of a pigeon, which had floated on artificial sea-water for 30 days, to my surprise nearly all germinated.”

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/aid/v7/n1/how-did-plants-survive-flood
  8. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    15 Jan '14 23:261 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I keep on forgetting to compliment you on your cantaloupes "Nice!!.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 08:231 edit
    Skeptics have a tendency to ignore the fact there are tree and plant species that actually thrive in flood-like conditions or even saltwater. For example, mangroves live primarily along tropical coastlines. Not to mention the flowering plants and trees that flourish in swamplands.

The Bible indicates that as the Flood waters receded, plants had already st ...[text shortened]... germinated.”

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/aid/v7/n1/how-did-plants-survive-flood
    A world wide flood of nearly 3 months would leave even mangroves dead and if dead birds had seeds in them the numbers would not have been anywhere enough to repopulate an entire planet. Plus there is the inconvenient truth involving coconut trees. I'd like to see the dead bird with a few of THOSE seeds in it's craw.

Your stupid flood fairy tale just doesn't stand up to reason.

For instance, the diversity of the plant kingdom would be way less than it is now if only birds with seeds in their craws populated the Earth. That is a pathetic argument not worth the effort of refutation. For every seed collected by birds there would be seeds by thousands of other species not collected yet today we have thousands of species of plants.

What a worthless argument. Another example of weaponized pseudoscientific babble designed not to win science points but to gather people around, preferably with weak minds like yours, to further their political ends, that is, force evolution out of science classes and only allow rotten to the core creationism to be taught in school. Yeah, THAT would really advance American science but you don't give a rats ass about that. The ONLY thing you give a rats ass about is advancing your losing creationistic cause.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 20:41
    A world wide flood of nearly 3 months would leave even mangroves dead and if dead birds had seeds in them the numbers would not have been anywhere enough to repopulate an entire planet. Plus there is the inconvenient truth involving coconut trees. I'd like to see the dead bird with a few of THOSE seeds in it's craw.

Your stupid flood fairy tale just doe ...[text shortened]... out that. The ONLY thing you give a rats ass about is advancing your losing creationistic cause.
    If you believe soft tissue with DNA can survive 65 million years in a T-Rex, then why is it so hard for you to believe plant seeds can not survive just 40 days and nights of rain and a worldwide flood?
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 21:011 edit
    If you believe soft tissue with DNA can survive 65 million years in a T-Rex, then why is it so hard for you to believe plant seeds can not survive just 40 days and nights of rain and a worldwide flood?
    There is this part called SOAKING where a seed would normally germinate but if it is under water for 2 or 3 months it is going to get good and soaked and in salt water. Why don't you do an experiment, learn something for yourself, take a bunch of seeds and get a couple gallons of sea water, put the seeds in there for 2 months and see how many of them germinate.

You are the proper one to do such an experiment since you are the one expecting them to germinate magically after 2 or 3 months in a brine solution.

BTW, there was no DNA in that soft tissue on the dino's, it was collagen material only, at least in the samples so far found. It would be great if DNA was found, it would be a boon to science but nothing as of yet.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 21:20
    There is this part called SOAKING where a seed would normally germinate but if it is under water for 2 or 3 months it is going to get good and soaked and in salt water. Why don't you do an experiment, learn something for yourself, take a bunch of seeds and get a couple gallons of sea water, put the seeds in there for 2 months and see how many of them germin ...[text shortened]... found. It would be great if DNA was found, it would be a boon to science but nothing as of yet.
    You apparently did not read the reference I gave you. There are many possibilities of how plants regenerated. Also don't forget many seeds could have already been in the soil. Only ignorant people would doubt that plants can not regenerate after months of dry or wet weather. So your objection is just atheist nonsense.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Jan '14 06:27
    You apparently did not read the reference I gave you. There are many possibilities of how plants regenerated. Also don't forget many seeds could have already been in the soil. Only ignorant people would doubt that plants can not regenerate after months of dry or wet weather. So your objection is just atheist nonsense.
    So I gather you would not even CONSIDER doing such an experiment. It figures. You don't WANT to know anything new, only sticking to your old brainwashing.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jan '14 14:06
    So I gather you would not even CONSIDER doing such an experiment. It figures. You don't WANT to know anything new, only sticking to your old brainwashing.
    I walk by faith (2 Corinthians 5:7) .
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Jan '14 19:35
    I walk by faith (2 Corinthians 5:7) .
    Yes, don't do anything that puts any kind of rational barrier between you and your faith.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree