1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    09 Nov '14 19:07
    Why would an alleged god capable of inventing an entire universe say no false gods before me to one tribe in the middle east totally ignoring the literally thousands of other such gods all around the planet? Is it blind to anything outside the middle east? Are all other people on the planet therefore not really people?
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    09 Nov '14 20:16
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Why would an alleged god capable of inventing an entire universe say no false gods before me to one tribe in the middle east totally ignoring the literally thousands of other such gods all around the planet? Is it blind to anything outside the middle east? Are all other people on the planet therefore not really people?
    Exodus 20: 2-4 "2. I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. 3. "You shall have no other gods before Me. 4. "You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth.…" Why would Jehovah institute this commandment? As a caution to Israel which was surrounded by the worship of inanimate idols in the ancient world which terminate in disillusionment.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    09 Nov '14 22:262 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Exodus 20: 2-4 "2. I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. 3. "You shall have no other gods before Me. 4. "You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth.…" Why would Jehovah institute this commandment? As a ...[text shortened]... unded by the worship of inanimate idols in the ancient world which terminate in disillusionment.
    All well and good, remember, I was brought up in a Lutheran school and church so all those verses were read a lot. I am just saying the local nature of the restrictions given by this so-called god was just that, local, even though there were thousands of other religions and gods worshiped all around the planet.

    Doesn't that tell you SOMETHING?

    Like why didn't this god, capable of calling into being whole universes, would not know other gods were being worshiped around the entire planet? Is your god so weak or blind it could not see all that going on in China, Australia, Europe, even Egypt, worshiping a lot of animal figure, all inhabited ATT?

    It just screams, local god, local religion, local build, no god needed. People were just as smart back then as they are now and it would have been no huge jump to think them capable of wringing out a religion all on their own, maybe based on eating the wrong mushroom, whatever, ipso presto, a new religion is born.

    I personally cannot see how people become so brainwashed into their respective religion to NEVER question the basics.
  4. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8576
    09 Nov '14 23:35
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Why would an alleged god capable of inventing an entire universe say no false gods before me to one tribe in the middle east totally ignoring the literally thousands of other such gods all around the planet? Is it blind to anything outside the middle east? Are all other people on the planet therefore not really people?
    In God's ongoing and long plan to regain the earth from Satan, He desired a unique theocratic nation as a sole testimony. Israel was that nation.

    It makes sense that to set them apart from all other nations, He would speak to them in terms that they comprehended, in regards to idolatry.

    The demons masqueraded as gods. The same Old Testament said that what the Gentiles offered in worship they often offered to demons.

    Paul in 1 Corinthians 10:20- quoting Psalm 106:37

    Holman Christian Standard Bible
    No, but I do say that what they sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not to God. I do not want you to participate with demons!


    Psalm 106:37

    New Living Translation
    They even sacrificed their sons and their daughters to the demons.

    English Standard Version
    They sacrificed their sons and their daughters to the demons;

    New American Standard Bible
    They even sacrificed their sons and their daughters to the demons,
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    09 Nov '14 23:46
    Originally posted by sonship
    In God's ongoing and long plan to regain the earth from Satan, He desired a unique theocratic nation as a sole testimony. Israel was that nation.

    It makes sense that to set them apart from all other nations, He would speak to them in terms that they comprehended, in regards to idolatry.

    The demons masqueraded as gods. The same Old Testament sai ...[text shortened]... andard Bible

    They even sacrificed their sons and their daughters to the demons,
    [/quote][/b]
    You mean it makes sense from the POV of one already brainwashed. A god capable of making an entire universe would have had ZERO problems talking to at least elders in all nations on Earth. It did not do that for the simple reason the whole thing is man made.
  6. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8576
    10 Nov '14 00:09
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You mean it makes sense from the POV of one already brainwashed. A god capable of making an entire universe would have had ZERO problems talking to at least elders in all nations on Earth. It did not do that for the simple reason the whole thing is man made.
    I read the Bible very carefully, and have come to believe it.
    If you call that being brainwashed, so be it.

    However, concisely, I explained to you that Israel had a unique position as the one and only genuinely theocratic governed nation on earth.

    You didn't read Deuteronomy or you didn't pay much attention to what is there.

    IE. Deut. 26:19

    English Standard Version
    and that he will set you in praise and in fame and in honor high above all nations that he has made, and that you shall be a people holy to the LORD your God, as he promised.”

    New American Standard Bible
    and that He will set you high above all nations which He has made, for praise, fame, and honor; and that you shall be a consecrated people to the LORD your God, as He has spoken."


    IE. Deut. 28:1


    New American Standard Bible
    "Now it shall be, if you diligently obey the LORD your God, being careful to do all His commandments which I command you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth.

    King James Bible
    And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:


    In principle God chose the sons of Jacob (Israel), the twelve fathers of the twelve tribes to be a unique worshipers of the true God.

    And His goal was to gain the Adamic race through the Abrahamic race. That is to gain the created race by means of the called race.

    This is not to say obstacles did not occur.
    But you poo-hoo this at your own loss.

    Look at the Middle East and see how central to earth's happenings still is what is going on with Israel. .

    If the Berlin Wall can fall and Communist Soviet Union collapse, the nation of Israel can ALSO one day turn fully towards Jesus Christ as their finally recognized Messiah.

    Poo-hoo at your own cheerless and silly expense.
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    320
    11 Nov '14 00:51
    Originally posted by sonship
    I read the Bible very carefully, and have come to believe it.
    If you call that being brainwashed, so be it.

    However, concisely, I explained to you that Israel had a unique position as the one and only genuinely theocratic governed nation on earth.

    You didn't read Deuteronomy or you didn't pay much attention to what is there.

    IE. Deut. ...[text shortened]... rist as their finally recognized Messiah.

    Poo-hoo at your own cheerless and silly expense.
    You are correct to a point.
    After the Jewish people put Christ Jesus to death, Acts 15:14 says, Symeon has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned His attention to the nations to take out of them a people for His Name."
    Since that 1st Century time, the Jewish people are not acceptable to God as a nation. But, they can still accept Jesus as their Savior on an individual basis and be saved.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    11 Nov '14 11:41
    Originally posted by sonship
    I read the Bible very carefully, and have come to believe it.
    If you call that being brainwashed, so be it.

    However, concisely, I explained to you that Israel had a unique position as the one and only genuinely theocratic governed nation on earth.

    You didn't read Deuteronomy or you didn't pay much attention to what is there.

    IE. Deut. ...[text shortened]... rist as their finally recognized Messiah.

    Poo-hoo at your own cheerless and silly expense.
    That's all well and good but there was no kingdom like you mentioned. They got clobbered by Rome and that was that and the rest of the world didn't even hear about Christianity for centuries.

    There IS no arguing against that FACT.

    There are parts of the world STILL blissfully unaware of Christianity, much to their advantage but that just shows the man made nature of your religion.
  9. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    11 Nov '14 11:57
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    That's all well and good but there was no kingdom like you mentioned. They got clobbered by Rome and that was that and the rest of the world didn't even hear about Christianity for centuries.

    There IS no arguing against that FACT.

    There are parts of the world STILL blissfully unaware of Christianity, much to their advantage but that just shows the man made nature of your religion.
    Has sonship been brain washed or is he brain dead?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    11 Nov '14 12:45
    Originally posted by redbadger
    Has sonship been brain washed or is he brain dead?
    With the religious, brains are a liability. You start thinking about the BS inherent in all the snake oil salesman stories and you are in trouble.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    13 Nov '14 23:061 edit
    Originally posted by redbadger
    Has sonship been brain washed or is he brain dead?
    You evolutionists are the ones that seem brainwashed or brain dead to me. I wish you guys could get your heads out and use logic to analyze the evidence for and against evolution theory as well as the evidence for and against creation.
Back to Top