1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 13:28
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I think the VTech thing happened to briong us together as a nation. To go back to our old ways when we where one nation under God. And so that we could all repent individually and for our nations actions. If we where to do that God might save us from future torrorist attacks. Like the story of that guy stuck in the whale. I can't think of how to spell his name. But he to a city to repent and when they did God did not punish them.
    How do you look at yourself in the mirror?
  2. Playing with matches
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 15:08
    I think the VTech thing happened to briong us together as a nation. To go back to our old ways when we where one nation under God. And so that we could all repent individually and for our nations actions. If we where to do that God might save us from future torrorist attacks. Like the story of that guy stuck in the whale. I can't think of how to spell his name. But he to a city to repent and when they did God did not punish them.
    You're a simpleton, have you even read the bible?
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 15:54
    I think the VTech thing happened to briong us together as a nation. To go back to our old ways when we where one nation under God. And so that we could all repent individually and for our nations actions.
    Like the Iraq war and Guatanamo?
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 23:22
    Originally posted by Starrman
    So would you say that these attacks were designed by god to illustrate our fragmentation as a people?
    I would say that God had that man survive the Nati camps just to save his students.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 23:23
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    SHe is Shirley from "God Hates Fags." Unfortunately God provided for her two things he probably regrets: a mouth which she uses too much and a vagina from which she has brought forth at least two brains-washed children.
    Waht she shold say is that God hates the sinners, but his love is found alone in Jesus Christ.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 01:33
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    You're a simpleton, have you even read the bible?
    Why be unkind? Because you're just mean? No skin off your nose what he believes whether right or wrong!
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 01:37
    Originally posted by darvlay
    How do you look at yourself in the mirror?
    The same way you do. 😕
  8. Joined
    18 Feb '07
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 02:03
    sad...
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 03:461 edit
    Originally posted by Starrman
    So would you say that these attacks were designed by god to illustrate our fragmentation as a people?
    Attacks designed by God? 🙄

If I recall, God was not the one pulling the triggor. That is unless, of coarse, God is a troubled Korean lad with a disdain for the wealthy.

I heard a newscaster say something to the effect that there are over 1700 deaths on our college campuses every year and climbing that are all due to alcohol related incidents. Perhaps God designed these as well? Na, he could'nt have cause we ignore these tradgedies. We only like the juicy ones with crazed gunmen in them.
  10. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 04:06
    Originally posted by josephw
    No skin off your nose what he believes whether right or wrong!
    This is patently false, as rwingett will be certain to tell you. It's not simply that what he believes
    is right, wrong, incoherent, or whatever, but that he participates in a group of people who insist
    that the absurd ways in which he believes ought to be law. Ask RBHILL whether or not he would
    vote against allowing gay unions to have the same rights as married heterosexual couples, by way
    of example.

If he believes in ghosts, or Jesus, or superman, it's nothing to me. When he insists that I have to
    believe the same way he does or else I have fewer rights or, worse yet, legal restrictions, then,
    hell yeah, it's skin off my nose.

Nemesio
  11. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 04:09
    I think the VTech thing happened to briong us together as a nation.
    Do you think that the 'VTech thing' was the most efficient way to bring the United States together
    as a nation? Can you think of other ways in which an omnipotent God might bring people together,
    perhaps ones that don't involve killing or even tragedy?

I'm not very creative, but I can think of a few. Can you?

Nemesio
  12. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 05:261 edit
    Along with others who have posted on this thread, I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you.

Why would an omnibenevolent God choose to kill humans to bring other humans together? Do you really believe in a God that would act in such a tragic way (like the shooting of college students) simply to get more praise and worship out of his followers? Sounds a lot like ancient religions where followers had to appease the Gods to bring good fortune...

Also, more out of curiousity than debate, but do you actually take the story of Jonah and the Whale literally?
  13. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 05:52
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    This is patently false, as rwingett will be certain to tell you. It's not simply that what he believes
    is right, wrong, incoherent, or whatever, but that he participates in a group of people who insist
    that the absurd ways in which he believes ought to be law. Ask RBHILL whether or not he would
    vote against allowing gay unions to have the same rights a ...[text shortened]... rights or, worse yet, legal restrictions, then,
    hell yeah, it's skin off my nose.

Nemesio
    Uh...yeah. Down with RBHill. Democracy, not Theocracy!
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 06:12
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Along with others who have posted on this thread, I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you.

Why would an omnibenevolent God choose to kill humans to bring other humans together? Do you really believe in a God that would act in such a tragic way (like the shooting of college students) simply to get more praise and worship out of his followe ...[text shortened]... of curiousity than debate, but do you actually take the story of Jonah and the Whale literally?
    Apparently, God does it all the time. I mean, God kills everyone.
  15. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 09:11
    Originally posted by whodey
    Attacks designed by God? 🙄

If I recall, God was not the one pulling the triggor. That is unless, of coarse, God is a troubled Korean lad with a disdain for the wealthy.

I heard a newscaster say something to the effect that there are over 1700 deaths on our college campuses every year and climbing that are all due to alcohol related incidents. Perhaps ...[text shortened]... have cause we ignore these tradgedies. We only like the juicy ones with crazed gunmen in them.
    The question was rhetorical to all but RBHIDIOT

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree