1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Nov '07 20:47
    2000 years ago we had the son of man, plagues, burning bushes, parting seas... all of a sudden it goes very very quiet... is this proof god died 2000 years ago?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '07 21:291 edit
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    2000 years ago we had the son of man, plagues, burning bushes, parting seas... all of a sudden it goes very very quiet... is this proof god died 2000 years ago?
    What you are really saying is that after the coming of the Messiah and his immediate followers, nothing has been added to the Bible. However, does this mean that things grew quiet? I would not say so in my life and I am sure others would not say so as well who know God. However, those that did not know God during much of the ongoings in the OT on the other side of the world probably thought nothing was going on at all. In comparison to me you might say that you are on the other side of the world shouting that nothing is going on.

However, in regards to Biblical prophesy it would appear that Israel, as foretold by the prophets, will be the focus of end time world events. Now grab a chair and watch the fireworks!!! Oh yea, I almost forgot, it might behoove one to be ready for the return of the Messiah. 😉
  3. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    01 Nov '07 22:13
    how about Mohammed?
    make it 1300 years.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Nov '07 00:03
    Originally posted by serigado
    how about Mohammed?
    make it 1300 years.
    Bahá'u'lláh

Make it a little over a century.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Nov '07 09:42
    I have heard of statues of Mary crying blood, images of Jesus on a slice of toast, ...
    But if you want really big events then plenty of people have blamed God for HIV (plague) and the Indonesian Tsunami (parting seas?). Maybe you are just listening to the wrong preachers? Nobody would have known that the Biblical plagues had anything to do with God unless Moses took credit for it.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Nov '07 12:17
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have heard of statues of Mary crying blood, images of Jesus on a slice of toast, ...
    But if you want really big events then plenty of people have blamed God for HIV (plague) and the Indonesian Tsunami (parting seas?). Maybe you are just listening to the wrong preachers? Nobody would have known that the Biblical plagues had anything to do with God unless Moses took credit for it.
    Not that I believe God is giving us signs of Mary in our breakfast food nor killing people with AIDS etc, but you make a valid point. Had Moses not said that God was responsible, who would have known? How would you know today if God was working or at work?
  7. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Nov '07 13:41
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    i dont think jesus on a slice of toast is quite up there with a parting sea
  8. Joined
    18 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '07 17:44
    im an atheist, but even i must admit that if someone says now that they hear the voice of god... we bang them up in a very secure padded room. that might be the reason for the lack of godness etc... maybe

:]
  9. Standard memberGoatboysrevenge
    Justice 4 the 96
    Airstrip One
    Moves
    02 Nov '07 18:23
    Originally posted by i am scientists
    im an atheist, but even i must admit that if someone says now that they hear the voice of god... we bang them up in a very secure padded room. that might be the reason for the lack of godness etc... maybe

:]
    Unless they hold offices such as president or Prime Minister, then we believe them...Of course God spoke to George & Tony and told them to invade Iraq...
  10. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    02 Nov '07 18:39
    i dont think jesus on a slice of toast is quite up there with a parting sea
    O, you of little faith!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree