1. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    55242
    29 May '06 22:52
    I could be out on a wing here, but looking at the litarally millions of civialians deaths through-out the centuries, the obliteration of species and the mis-management of the eco-system (hot to cold to hot to cold), can I draw the conclusion that God just doesn't give a damn?

    And if he does care why did the dodo go extinct? What was their crime exactly to deserve such a punishment?

    And if he doesn't care...why do you support him so?
    Why would you worship such a Bastard?


    Just a perfect day,
    Drink sangria in the park,
    And then later, when it gets dark,
    We go home.
    Just a perfect day,
    Feed animals in the zoo
    Then later, a movie, too,
    And then home.

    Oh its such a perfect day,
    Im glad I spent it with you.
    Oh such a perfect day,
    You just keep me hanging on,
    You just keep me hanging on.

    Just a perfect day,
    Problems all left alone,
    Weekenders on our own.
    Its such fun.
    Just a perfect day,
    You made me forget myself.
    I thought I was someone else,
    Someone good.

    Oh its such a perfect day,
    Im glad I spent it with you.
    Oh such a perfect day,
    You just keep me hanging on,
    You just keep me hanging on.

    Youre going to reap just what you sow,
    Youre going to reap just what you sow,
    Youre going to reap just what you sow,
    Youre going to reap just what you sow...


    - Lou Reed -
  2. Standard memberorfeo
    Missing 285 + 1
    On a ship of fools
    Joined
    26 May '04
    Moves
    25590
    30 May '06 03:09
    You're confusing caring with acting, I think. After all, there are probably lots of things that you care about but don't really take any action to rectify.

    So the question is, why doesn't God act?

    One possible reason is because he doesn't care (your inference)

    Another is that he's still giving the people he put in the charge of the place a chance to get their act together, before he fires their sorry collective behinds.
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Joined
    27 Apr '05
    Moves
    8592
    30 May '06 03:17
    Originally posted by orfeo
    You're confusing caring with acting, I think. After all, there are probably lots of things that you care about but don't really take any action to rectify.

    So the question is, why doesn't God act?

    One possible reason is because he doesn't care (your inference)

    Another is that he's still giving the people he put in the charge of the place a chance to get their act together, before he fires their sorry collective behinds.
    But he did act. He made the universe this way, and specifically this way, with perfect foreknowledge of the consequences of his actions.
  4. Standard memberorfeo
    Missing 285 + 1
    On a ship of fools
    Joined
    26 May '04
    Moves
    25590
    30 May '06 03:201 edit
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    But he did act. He made the universe this way, and specifically this way, with perfect foreknowledge of the consequences of his actions.
    His actions are not the only actions in the universe. That's my point.

    You seem to want to frame the universe as if the most powerful actor must always make a contribution to every situation, and thus override several billion people not to mention an unknown number of spirits.

    Are you one of these people who thinks the a sporting body is responsible for all injuries in the competition it organises, because they know in advance that injuries will happen? That seems to be the logic you're employing.
  5. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    30 May '06 03:33
    Originally posted by orfeo
    His actions are not the only actions in the universe. That's my point.

    You seem to want to frame the universe as if the most powerful actor must always make a contribution to every situation, and thus override several billion people not to mention an unknown number of spirits.

    Are you one of these people who thinks the a sporting body is responsible f ...[text shortened]... they know in advance that injuries will happen? That seems to be the logic you're employing.
    Such a sporting body does not have the power for people to get all the benefits of the competition without the injuries.
  6. Standard memberorfeo
    Missing 285 + 1
    On a ship of fools
    Joined
    26 May '04
    Moves
    25590
    30 May '06 03:47
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Such a sporting body does not have the power for people to get all the benefits of the competition without the injuries.
    A good point.

    So what follows is that to avoid the chance of things going pear-shaped, God should have created a perfect clockwork universe.

    It's ironic that non-Christians often accuse Christians of being brainwashed, because THAT kind of universe would have taken brainwashing to a whole new level.
Back to Top