1. Joined
    05 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 00:30
    we cant be sure of how long time he sued
    maby he travled with the earthe rotation and got a bit slow so he got passed,

a other one is that he created earth wile he was stading on a other planet ehit longer days
    or maby he tell time difrent, like we think at time in in humen standar but a rock thing in geological time 🙂
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 00:31
    i know i cant write any good
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 04:36
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Uh huh. Still doesn't prove anything. Without any substance this line of reasoning it's merely argumentum ad populum. I question your [b]most it[sic] not all scientists statement; do you have a conclusive statistical analysis for me to peruse?[/b]
    Hal, allow me to correct you on this. Trevor33's point was not argumentum ad populum. Argumentum ad populum is when you appeal to the majority opinion of a general population. It basically assumes that the majority of people in general probably know than your opponent and so their opinioin should be taken as more correct.

Citing the majority opinion of experts in a field is NOT ad populum fallacy. In this case it is the overwhelming majority opinion of natural scientists.

This site goes over argumentum ad populum.

http://philosophy.lander.edu/logic/popular.html

Pay careful attention to the section V at the bottom. This example is quite illuminating.

"If an elite group of people are in a position to know of what they speak, their authority is relevant and should not automatically be discounted. E.g., to remark that most physicians believe that a high fat diet is unhealthy, so that it follows that persons who have a high fat diet should change their eating habits, is to make a legitimate appeal"
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 09:411 edit
    Originally posted by telerion
    Hal, allow me to correct you on this. Trevor33's point was not argumentum ad populum. Argumentum ad populum is when you appeal to the majority opinion of a general population. It basically assumes that the majority of people in general probably know than your opponent and so their opinioin should be taken as more correct.

Citing the majority op s who have a high fat diet should change their eating habits, is to make a legitimate appeal"
    Thanks Tel. I stand corrected.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree