1. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 15:311 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I commented on the paragraph, not the person who wrote it.
    Your comment on the paragraph is incorrect. No where in that paragraph does it say that 'God
    loves all expressions of sexuality,' so there is no circular argument. That God loves all expressions
    of sexuality was Badwater's conclusion. The paragraph you commented on was a summary rebuttal to it.

Nemesio
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '08 00:56
    I haven't forgotten about this, just been a busy week. Since 30 mins of writing poofed away last time I need to have some spare time to try again.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '08 10:15
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    So the prohibitions in the Bible are only temporary?
    yup. and pretty logical.
    the world evolved so while some practices may have been acceptable in the bible, they are no longer acceptable today. even jesus changed most of the old testament because they were no longer necessary or have been twisted far beyond what god may have intended.

so if jesus saw fit to change rules for a new society in the first century, imagine how much more different is our society than the time jesus lived in and how the need for change is much more urgent.

condoms are nowhere to be found in the bible, yet the catholics have decided they are a sin because god told us to multiply. what god forgot to tell us is that when we are enough, we are permitted to stop, maybe even be gay if that is what really turns some on.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '08 10:19
    However if God really exists, and is really watching... Wouldn't he have turned up by now and said, hey guy's you know what, you know those old commandments i gave you... throw them out, i've got some new ones...
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '08 10:35
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    However if God really exists, and is really watching... Wouldn't he have turned up by now and said, hey guy's you know what, you know those old commandments i gave you... throw them out, i've got some new ones...
    and when will we be considered old enough to make our own decisions and be responsible for them? just as god intended in the first place when he created in his image, not the image of an ox that just follows orders.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '08 10:35
    http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibl.htm
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jul '08 11:22
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If god created homosexuality, then he must approve of it, doesn't he? Why else did he create it in the first place?
    God created homosexuality. 🙄

God created murder. 🙄

God created sin. 🙄

Etc.

If anyone believes that God created anything immoral, then you are void of a basic understanding of who God is.
  8. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '08 11:321 edit
    As an athiest, I would probably respond by saying 'god doesn't exist, and thus didn't create anything...'

oh look I just did. :-)

EDIT: and if god created everything then he/she/it created the good and the bad. You can't have it both ways.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '08 11:371 edit
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Originally posted by Badwater
    [b]Tell him that a minister (me) says it is not a sin. Not every Christian thinks that a (to me) perverse, archaiac interpretation of sexuality, and sexuality itself, is sinful. Humans simply have to understand that all of us have a sexual nature, and it's different for everyone and to different degrees. Unfortunately to u respond to that and the incessant Biblical quotation that would
    accompany it?

Nemesio
    [/b]

Does "all sexuality" mean that there is no such thing as sexual perversion of any kind?
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '08 11:38
    Originally posted by josephw
    God created homosexuality. 🙄

God created murder. 🙄

God created sin. 🙄

Etc.

If anyone believes that God created anything immoral, then you are void of a basic understanding of who God is.
    fabian is saying that homosexuality is a condition. psychological condition. gays no longer are attracted by opposite sex but by same sex. it is not the fault of the gays anymore than it is the fault of a person with a cold for sneezing. being cold is not a sin so why should homosexuality be?

the only reason god would not want homosexuality is because a dwindling community such as the ancient jews needed a high birth rate. now homosexuality is actually quite useful. so why consider it a sin?
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '08 11:44
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    fabian is saying that homosexuality is a condition. psychological condition. gays no longer are attracted by opposite sex but by same sex. it is not the fault of the gays anymore than it is the fault of a person with a cold for sneezing. being cold is not a sin so why should homosexuality be?

the only reason god would not want homosexuality is because a ...[text shortened]... needed a high birth rate. now homosexuality is actually quite useful. so why consider it a sin?
    I don't see that as the prohibition against male on male or female on female physical sex acts.

It is called "confusion" and damages humans who are created for God's purpose.

I think the idea is that it is a kind of idolatry or exulting too high that which should not become an idol of adoration. This damages men and women because it is a kind of idolatry.

At this time that is how I see it. Of course excessive greed in heterosexuality is also seen as idolatry in the Bible.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Jul '08 11:50
    I am sure that some of us are (void). What I always find interesting is how you prefer to simply insult us (point out our inadequacies) and leave it there rather than try to help fill the void. You frequently enter threads and basically tell a poster he is ignorant of the subject and sometime go on to point out that he doesn't have a hope of understanding the subject. Why bother?

Clearly you are saying that God is not infact the creator of everything. Does this mean that some of his creations are the creators? Or do some things not have creators? Was God aware of the fact that some of his creations would create undesirable things? Can I use the same excuse? eg my action may cause sinful results, but if I am not directly involved in the actual sin, am I absolved of responsibility?
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jul '08 11:51
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

the only reason god would not want homosexuality is because a ...[text shortened]... needed a high birth rate. now homosexuality is actually quite useful. so why consider it a sin?
    If you believe that homosexuality is a psychological condition, then you have bought into man's way of thinking.

The Bible is explicit. Sin is whatever God says it is. Sin is what separates us from God. God defines sin.

When we start defining sin according to what we think it is, and not what God says it is, then the truth is not in us.
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '08 11:59
    If you believe that homosexuality is a psychological condition, then you have bought into man's way of thinking.

The Bible is explicit. Sin is whatever God says it is. Sin is what separates us from God. God defines sin.

When we start defining sin according to what we think it is, and not what God says it is, then the truth is not in us.
    Who wrote the bible? people, prove they were told what to write by god, and that they got it right.

Also Sin is a religiouse concept. Us athiests get on by without it with no trouble whatsoever. you should try it sometime.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '08 12:01
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I... Of course excessive greed in heterosexuality is also seen as idolatry in the Bible.
    What do you mean by this?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree