1. Maryland
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 06:34
    If it is possible that one god exists, why would it not be possible for multiple gods to exist? Why not even thousands? Of course the Jews reduced the number of gods to just one which was a big advance in thinking at the time. They were just one away from the correct answer of zero.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 07:59
    Originally posted by 667joe
    If it is possible that one god exists, why would it not be possible for multiple gods to exist? Why not even thousands? Of course the Jews reduced the number of gods to just one which was a big advance in thinking at the time. They were just one away from the correct answer of zero.
    You have to make the leap, yes, the leap of faith, from what is possible to what IS.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 10:16
    Anything is possible Joe.
  4. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 10:25
    With all due respect, you seem to suffer from the same condition that most theists suffer, which is a lack of understanding to the point of saying "I don't know."

How can you possibly "know" the zero? It is not possible. While there is a great deal of likelihood that what you assert is fact, it is also a fact that you are no closer to knowing anything or not regardless of what the theist purports to "know". It makes you no different.

I am always amazed at the human inability to acknowledge that they do not know something, and be comfortable with it. No stories or grandiose explanations; just say. "I don't know".
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 15:00
    Originally posted by Badwater
    With all due respect, you seem to suffer from the same condition that most theists suffer, which is a lack of understanding to the point of saying "I don't know."

How can you possibly "know" the zero? It is not possible. While there is a great deal of likelihood that what you assert is fact, it is also a fact that you are no closer to knowing anything o ...[text shortened]... ing, and be comfortable with it. No stories or grandiose explanations; just say. "I don't know".
    Couldn't agree with you more.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 15:04

How can you possibly "know" the zero? It is not possible. While there is a great deal of likelihood that what you assert is fact, it is also a fact that you are no closer to knowing anything o ...[text shortened]... ing, and be comfortable with it. No stories or grandiose explanations; just say. "I don't know".
    Great post.
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 15:08

If only one God were to exist, and had in fact revealed himself to mankind, why wouldn't we be able to know it?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 20:25
    Zero is equivalent to how much you know about God.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 20:28
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    If only one God were to exist, and had in fact revealed himself to mankind, why wouldn't we be able to know it?
    I think Badwater's answer would have to be "I don't know". 😉
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 22:01

What is your position on faeries at the bottom of the garden
    or a teapot in orbit around the sun?
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 02:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You have to make the leap, yes, the leap of faith, from what is possible to what IS.
    Nature. All around you.She enters your senses. She pulses your blood and you feel her. This is life.

No faith required.
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 03:00
    Originally posted by josephw
    Zero is equivalent to how much you know about God.
    Projection. Even the bible, despite all the editing, admits there are gods.
  13. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 03:29
    Originally posted by apathist
    Projection. Even the bible, despite all the editing, admits there are gods.
    Apparently it does so in the 28 biblical passages which explicitly teach there is only one God.
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 03:39
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Apparently it does so in the 28 biblical passages which explicitly teach there is only one God.
    "Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God." Exodus 34:14"

Or does your version edit that out good enough for you. The world is full of gods, some were, some are, but the ones present are, um, not present.

We are on our own.
  15. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 03:411 edit
    Originally posted by apathist
    "Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God." Exodus 34:14"

Or does your version edit that out good enough for you. The world is full of gods, some were, some are, but the ones present are, um, not present.

We are on our own.
    Sorry I should have specified living God. There are indeed many idols out there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree