1. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 19:08
    Give an appropriate definition of the God Squad and argue whether the proportion of GS members in the RHP population is significantly larger or smaller than in the general population, or not significantly different. Your argument can be causal or you can find some data.
  2. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 19:20
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    Give an appropriate definition of the God Squad and argue whether the proportion of GS members in the RHP population is significantly larger or smaller than in the general population, or not significantly different. Your argument can be causal or you can find some data.
    What would your proposed definition entail? Which God? How do you qualify for this squad?
  3. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 19:26
    Also, is "God Squad" a term of contempt? 😀
  4. Joined
    15 Jul '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 19:47
    Unknowable, unless playing chess online with no downloads required is somehow related.

Many people do not participate in the forums; and of those who do, not all participate in a manner that shows their spirituality or group allegiances or memberships.
  5. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 19:55
    Originally posted by echecero
    Unknowable, unless playing chess online with no downloads required is somehow related.

Many people do not participate in the forums; and of those who do, not all participate in a manner that shows their spirituality or group allegiances or memberships.
    You can take some of this into account if you define God Squad properly first, because you can look at how being a member of the GS affects one's tendency to express their views to strangers on internet forae.
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 02:16
    This is an interesting idea. I can only offer an anedotal opinion. I believe that there is a higher percentage of GS on this site than the genreal population. I also believe that there is a higher percentage of atheist here than the general population. Having said that, both of these groups tend to be very passionate about their beliefs , thus tending to be more vocal.
  7. Forgotten
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 02:25
    GS?
    girl scouts???
    actually the reason more non believers and other religions are here is due to the fact it is a global chess site and xtianity isnt the only religion .also due to the fact that chess players are more intelligent than the general populace.we tend to investigate and question things.
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 02:27
    Originally posted by aspviper666
    GS?
    girl scouts???
    actually the reason more non believers and other religions are here is due to the fact it is a global chess site and xtianity isnt the only religion .also due to the fact that chess players are more intelligent than the general populace.we tend to investigate and question things.
    Then how do you explain RBHILL?
  9. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 03:00
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I hate to agree with you, Pariah... 😞 But yes, exactly, so.....?
  10. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 03:10
    Do you still read the forums RC ?
  11. Forgotten
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 03:151 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder

one of god's mysteries??????
  12. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 03:29
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Do you still read the forums RC ?
    Yes, I also post regularly.
  13. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 03:411 edit
    Yes, I also post regularly.
    I noticed you keep changing the content of your avatar box. What's this birdy doing there ?
  14. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 03:442 edits

Whoooo, I must have caught the bird flu .... I got a fever and I grew wings ...... 😕
  15. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 03:45
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    I noticed you keep changing the content of your avatar box. What's this birdy doing there ?
    [hijack] A few months ago, my friend and I were walking home from a pub on Fulham Road, and we saw a pair of buses; the first said 'Cat Among Pigeons' on the side, but the other blocked everything but 'mong Pigeons'. We were a bit pissed, so we thought that was very funny, and on getting back to his house, we took out his guitar and wrote 'The Tragic Ballad of Lembit and the Mong Pigeons'.[/hijack]