Music and Love
    and War affairs
    He who approaches
    afar he fares
    What an Amazing Universe
    with Miracles, Controversies
    I spot whatever with my brain
    and blind forever I remain😡
    Lol, sheer poetry, worthy of the Bard himself!
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '09 08:30
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    then why say its "soon"?
    you just said soon for us has nothing to do with gods soon, because its probably a totaly different thing.
    Then why say its soon if you dont know anything about this soon? might as well say its going to be later then...
    why say soon? oh Zozo my illustrious student friend. the 'soon', is based on the present condition of the earths eco-systems, which , as you are aware, are being ravaged and depleted at an alarming rate! how soon is now? therefore this is based on my own perception and estimation of the time left, for if God is going to bring to ruin, those ruining the earth, as the ancient and reliable prophecy indicates, before its resources and regenerative powers are destroyed beyond repair, then does it not make sense that it must of necessity be soon, for how bad are you willing to let it get?
  3. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    27 Mar '09 10:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    why say soon? oh Zozo my illustrious student friend. the 'soon', is based on the present condition of the earths eco-systems, which , as you are aware, are being ravaged and depleted at an alarming rate! how soon is now? therefore this is based on my own perception and estimation of the time left, for if God is going to bring to ruin, those ruinin ...[text shortened]... t not make sense that it must of necessity be soon, for how bad are you willing to let it get?
    "the present condition of the earths eco-systems, which , as you are aware, are being ravaged and depleted at an alarming rate!"
    yes agreed

"before its resources and regenerative powers are destroyed beyond repair,"
    "beyond repair"...im not sure what to make of that, that could take a long while still...

"for if God is going to bring to ruin, those ruining the earth,"
    arent we all fault to this? as entire humanity?
    or would you say western countrys are more fault? and big bosses of big poluting companies are more fault then others? i dont think thats quite fair to say. So it concerns us all. We f* up the world, then god is going to ruin us for that.
    Isnt that a bit lame? why does god not step in now? while its still posible to make a difference.
    No, he decided its better to wait till we all ruin it all, so he can ruin us after that...this makes god sound like an.... 'unpleasant person'πŸ˜‰
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Mar '09 11:05
    air borne pollutants are not heavy enough to fall to earth so they remain in suspension, however, what happens is that when the sea churns up salt spray due to the movement of its waters, the salts combine with the pollutants, making them heavy enough to fall into the ocean, then eventually they get sucked into the molten magma layer in vents in the ...[text shortened]... azing and a testimony to the superlative wisdom and majesty of the one who created these things?
    Your education in geography is no better than your other science education. Did you even go to school? Just curious, as I thought is was only the US that let students get through school with such terrible educations.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '09 19:163 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Your education in geography is no better than your other science education. Did you even go to school? Just curious, as I thought is was only the US that let students get through school with such terrible educations.
    Lol, you ungrateful wretch! I bet you didn't know of Gods amazing resource for riding the world of airborne pollutants by making them heavier with spray from the salt sea! nor of the incredible oceanic filtration system pah!, why i even bother to educate you i don't know, and yes i am not a geologist, but one of my clients is, and I ran everything by him before posting, but alas all is lost for you, because of leaving the divine from the equation, you will forever be learning, yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth, and while we are on the subject of education, what astounds me Whitey my friend, is that you have the audacity to call anothers education into question when you know nothing of and have rejected on the basis of your lack of knowledge the most widely translated and printed book in the history of humanity! and just before i am finished with you Whitey, the greatest teacher in the history of humanity, who was able to utter such simple yet profoubnd truths also had his educational qualifications called into question,

When by now the festival was half over, Jesus went up into the temple and began teaching. Therefore the Jews fell to wondering, saying: How does this man have a knowledge of letters, when he has not studied at the schools? Jesus, in turn, answered them and said: What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me. If anyone desires to do His will, he will know concerning the teaching whether it is from God or I speak of my own originality.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '09 19:243 edits
    the present condition of the earths eco-systems, which , as you are aware, are being ravaged and depleted at an alarming rate![/b]"
    yes agreed

"before its resources and regenerative powers are destroyed beyond repair,"
    "beyond repair"...im not sure what to make of that, that could take a long while still...

"for if God is going to brin so he can ruin us after that...this makes god sound like an.... 'unpleasant person'πŸ˜‰
    consider this, you have a second home, you rent it out, as a landlord you have provided for each and every necessity, there is abundant food in the cupboards, there is a heating and air conditioning system, abundant water, fuel supplies in the basement, everything that your tenants possibly desire, to repay your generosity and having made provision for each and everything, the tenants vandalise your home, pollute the river with toxic waste, chop down your garden , buy guns and murder each other and their neighbours, claim that you are not their landlord and have no jurisdiction over your property, how long would YOU tolerate it before YOU did something?
  7. Break-twitching
    Moves
    28 Mar '09 06:05
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Define "happy ending". I've been trying for years to convince my massage therapist to give me a happy ending.
    Give her a decent "tip", and I'm sure you will realize your "happy ending"...πŸ˜€
  8. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    28 Mar '09 12:56
    consider this, you have a second home, you rent it out, as a landlord you have provided for each and every necessity, there is abundant food in the cupboards, there is a heating and air conditioning system, abundant water, fuel supplies in the basement, everything that your tenants possibly desire, to repay your generosity and having made provision f ...[text shortened]... ve no jurisdiction over your property, how long would YOU tolerate it before YOU did something?
    I would work by laws and contracts ofcourse. Ofcourse i could prove im thier landlord, for vandalism they will be kicked from my home and pay to recover the damage.
    After a first murder would occur i would ofcourse call the cops...
    Now i understand god doenst have some blue uniform guys he can call, but god is all powerfull and stuff himself right?
    So i ask again, why doenst HE step in NOW?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '09 13:411 edit
    I would work by laws and contracts ofcourse. Ofcourse i could prove im thier landlord, for vandalism they will be kicked from my home and pay to recover the damage.
    After a first murder would occur i would ofcourse call the cops...
    Now i understand god doenst have some blue uniform guys he can call, but god is all powerfull and stuff himself right?
    So i ask again, why doenst HE step in NOW?
    it is an excellent question and one asked so free of guile that it is worth answering. it is simply a matter of universal sovereignty. the issue of whether God has 'the right', to determine what is good and acceptable. it was first brought into question in the garden of Eden, when his sovereignty was challenged, his right to determine quite simply what is good or otherwise. Satan alleged that humans would be better off, free and independent of God, what could God do? if he exercised his authority in a dictatorial manner and simply destroyed the satanic element it could be alleged that he was despotic, thus the issue would remain, but rather, he has simply let time run its course and it would therefore become evident of whether or not independence from God is beneficial or otherwise. I have reasoned in my mind, that it cannot possibly be, given the present state of affairs which we are all facing at present, perhaps you are of a different persuasion, that's ok, but the evidence seems to be overwhelming at present, what do you think? Is independence from God beneficial or not?
  10. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    28 Mar '09 18:05
    it is an excellent question and one asked so free of guile that it is worth answering. it is simply a matter of universal sovereignty. the issue of whether God has 'the right', to determine what is good and acceptable. it was first brought into question in the garden of Eden, when his sovereignty was challenged, his right to determine quite simpl ...[text shortened]... o be overwhelming at present, what do you think? Is independence from God beneficial or not?
    "Satan alleged that humans would be better off, free and independent of God, what could God do?"
    eh Satan? where did he come from? I thought there was the almighty god who created this all, then what is satan doing in the picture?
    Oh, wait, i get it, in the old days, ppl didnt understand why there was good and bad, certainly God had to be good, so they figured something else out with thier amazing creative minds: Satan, who could cover up the bad.
    Then again, if god is the good, why doesnt he act good? Is not acting at all good? or good nor bad?
    When some1 is getting raped, and you are standing next to it, letting it happen, is that not good nor bad? it sounds like doing nothing can be bad in certain situations.

"if he exercised his authority in a dictatorial manner and simply destroyed the satanic element it could be alleged that he was despotic, thus the issue would remain,"
    Whats wrong with despotic? he after all created the world right? why cant he be despotic over it?
    What issue would remain if he would eliminate evil?

"Is independence from God beneficial or not?"
    I cannot really answer this question since i dont believe in god. But IF there was a god, with all those mighty powers, it would be easy for him to solve some major problems in the world.
    Therefor i think hes really selfish, a huge A-hole, for not acting but just sitting on his lazy ass watching the sh** he created lol
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '09 19:00
    "[b]Satan alleged that humans would be better off, free and independent of God, what could God do?"
    eh Satan? where did he come from? I thought there was the almighty god who created this all, then what is satan doing in the picture?
    Oh, wait, i get it, in the old days, ppl didnt understand why there was good and bad, certainly God had to be good, so ...[text shortened]... e A-hole, for not acting but just sitting on his lazy ass watching the sh** he created lol[/b]
    you have never read the most widely translated and published book in the history of humanity? is it any wonder you have no concept of these ideas? Until you do, or at least have an informed opinion, your assertions will almost certainly reflect misconception and lack understanding, which is quite clear from your most recent post. i don't really appreciate terms like A-hole, selfish, despotic, lazy, etc etc, infact they are quite offensive and i will not discuss Biblical matters in such a manner, sorry - regards Robbie.
  12. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    28 Mar '09 19:18
    you have never read the most widely translated and published book in the history of humanity? is it any wonder you have no concept of these ideas? Until you do, or at least have an informed opinion, your assertions will almost certainly reflect misconception and lack understanding, which is quite clear from your most recent post. i don't really appr ...[text shortened]... ite offensive and i will not discuss Biblical matters in such a manner, sorry - regards Robbie.
    your the one starting with despotic! lol
    Ok, i agree those words could be considered quite offensice:p
    Thats why i used "this makes god sound like an.... 'unpleasant person'πŸ˜‰" in a previous post, but somehow i decided not to for my latests post.
    If there is a god, i hope he is very offended. I dont hope you are tho.

I didnt read the bible no, im not that much into science fiction;p
    Im interested in your religious point of view ont his subject tho. Im still not quite sure if i understand why god cant act now? why should the world be independence from him?
  13. Illinois
    Moves
    28 Mar '09 22:056 edits
    i think it must come before, otherwise the earth would be unable to sustain life if its eco systems were completely ruined beyond regeneration! isn't it exciting, for it must be soon!πŸ˜‰
    The message of the article is not exactly as you portray. The main concern is whether or not it is right to depend upon a miracle to save our planet from destructive elements.

If we have the attitude, "Oh well, don't bother trying to save the earth from destruction, God is coming back soon to set things right," then we, by our lack of concern, have effectively become "the destroyers of the earth" since, as Andy Atkins (in the article) points out, we "are responsible for escalating climate change [and] we have a choice as to how we respond."

If I see a burning building and hear screaming coming from inside and do nothing to help the trapped individuals, even if I did not start the fire I am henceforth responsible for their deaths. Whether or not we are directly responsible for the earth's woes, if we do nothing in our power to help alleviate them, then we are guilty and Revelation 11:18 may be referring to us. It is common wisdom, All that’s necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.

Is it right to depend on your possibly fallible interpretation of prophecy in order to justify doing nothing? This is essentially the Archbishop's message.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '09 23:126 edits
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    The message of the article is not exactly as you portray. The main concern is whether or not it is right to depend upon a miracle to save our planet from destructive elements.

If we have the attitude, "Oh well, don't bother trying to save the earth from destruction, God is coming back soon to set things right," then we, by our lack of concern, have e phecy in order to justify doing nothing? This is essentially the Archbishop's message.
    If the archbishop had put his trust and faith in the word of God, for once, he would not have uttered his statement, for it is self evident, from scripture that God will not let his creation be destroyed. But no, instead of highlighting scripture, he speaks of nothing but his own reasoning from his own originality. Look Epi, no one is saying that we have no responsibility or that we should do nothing, infact, quite the contrary, for was not one of the first decrees that God gave to Adam, to look after, take care of and cultivate the earth? has Gods purpose for the earth changed, absolutely not! therefore your criticism is unjustified, for it only partly portrays what is essentially a basic Biblical teaching, although perhaps i did not make this clear.

rather interestingly, about fifteen years ago, i was buying petrol from a garage on Great Western road, Glasgow. To my astonishment i was approached by a group of well meaning young persons, very sincere students in fact who were protesting at this particular company's exploitation of the Antarctic. I listened to their concerns and felt a great empathy with their cause, for I have always loved the environment. I stated that I had a hope towards God that he would eventually resolve any environmental issues that we were facing. a young girl reproached me and said that she was not going to wait around for God to do something, I said ok, i wish you well, but I held the view then that I do now, that these problems are on a vast scale and that I felt sorry for I have no faith that humanity could overcome them which at present I think is more justified than ever. Hopefully i will be proved wrong.

Let me ask you this, did her protestations stop the exploitation of the environment? No, absolutely not, well meaning and sincere as they were! why not? For the issues were too complicated and deep rooted! for example which country is prepared to sacrifice its economic growth for the environment? The U.K, China, Russia, The U.S.? When someone in the U.K goes to a shop to buy goods, do you think they are concerned that it was made in China, a country which has sixteen of twenty of the most polluted cities on earth? no they are concerned with its quality and the bottom line, that's their first concern. So it is with the environment and economy. Perhaps you have a solution, but as for me, I have hope towards God that he will not let his creation be destroyed beyond its regenerative capacity, you are free to differ - regards Robbie.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Mar '09 08:49
    Lol, you ungrateful wretch! I bet you didn't know of Gods amazing resource for riding the world of airborne pollutants by making them heavier with spray from the salt sea! nor of the incredible oceanic filtration system pah!, why i even bother to educate you i don't know, and yes i am not a geologist, but one of my clients is, and I ran everything b ...[text shortened]... tion, you will forever be learning, yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth,
    You either misunderstood what he told you or wrote it wrong.
    As I pointed out, if you had a reasonable education you would have known that without having to refer to a geologist client.
    I am not insulting you but merely wondering whether you were educated in the UK.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree