1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 13:49
    Godlessness, or atheism, is the denial of life.

Atheism's definition of life is finite and materialistic. The life of God is eternal and is a gift, but only to those who acknowledge and believe in the giver of that life.(how could it be any other way?)

Atheism is rooted in selfishness. At it's core there can be only the self for as long as it lives.

The end of atheism is eternal death. Separation from life is atheism's goal and final resting place.

Atheism is thanklessness. For the atheist, all appreciation for anything is ultimately destined for eternal nonexistence, and therefore meaningless.

Atheism is darkness. There is no light of truth for the atheist because, for the atheist, truth has no meaning, therefore the atheist has no purpose.

Atheism is a void of truthlessness. In and of itself atheism produces no reason for adherence to any philosophy of life and living because it is a void of empty meaninglessness.

Atheism is only a negative. It has no product. Gives no purpose, no meaning, and no reason.

Atheism isn't really about the denial of the existence of a creator, it is the denial of the existence of life itself, and ultimately one's own existence.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 13:57
    Originally posted by josephw

Atheism's definition of life is finite and materialistic. The life of God is eternal and is a gift, but only to those who acknowledge and believe in the giver of that life.(how could it be any other way?)

Atheism is rooted in selfishness. At it's core there can be only the self for as long as it lives.
    ...[text shortened]... ator, it is the denial of the existence of life itself, and ultimately one's own existence.
    You must have excrutiating back pain walking round with that huge phallus rooted to the centre of your forehead all day.
  3. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 14:04
    ...Atheism is thanklessness. For the atheist, all appreciation for anything is ultimately destined for eternal nonexistence, and therefore meaningless.

Atheism is darkness. There is no light of truth for the atheist because, for the atheist, truth has no meaning, therefore the atheist has no purpose...
    Meaningless? Speak for yourself.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 14:04
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    You must have excrutiating back pain walking round with that huge phallus rooted to the centre of your forehead all day.
    😴
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 14:07
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    Meaningless? Speak for yourself.
    Nothing to say Booth?

Of course not, atheism has nothing to say.
  6. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 14:09
    Nothing to say Booth?

Of course not, atheism has nothing [b]to
    say.[/b]
    I am not an atheist.

With this post I am speaking for myself.

May I ask, who were you speaking on behalf of in your OP?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 15:03
    I am not an atheist.

With this post I am speaking for myself.

May I ask, who were you speaking on behalf of in your OP?
    I'm speaking for myself and that is all.

Got a problem with that? If you do I don't care. And don't try to bait me.

Try to stay on topic and reply to my OP. Or shut up!
  8. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 15:11
    Try to stay on topic and reply to my OP. Or shut up!
    OK then. Although I myself am a theist, I don't believe atheism is rooted in selfishness. I don't believe atheism's goal is separation from life. I don't believe atheism is thanklessness. I don't believe that all appreciation for anything is ultimately destined for eternal nonexistence for the atheist. I don't believe that life for the atheist is meaningless. I don't believe atheism is darkness. I believe that truth has meaning for atheists. I don't believe that atheism is a void of truthlessness. And as for this: "Atheism isn't really about the denial of the existence of a creator, it is the denial of the existence of life itself, and ultimately one's own existence", well I just don't believe it.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 15:25
    OK then. Although I myself am a theist, I don't believe atheism is rooted in selfishness. I don't believe atheism's goal is separation from life. I don't believe atheism is thanklessness. I don't believe that all appreciation for anything is ultimately destined for eternal nonexistence for the atheist. I don't believe that life for the atheist is meanin ...[text shortened]... of life itself, and ultimately one's own existence", well I just don't believe it.
    Ok John. So you don't believe the things I've said in the OP.

You say you're a theist. What does that mean to you? What do you believe or know about God, and how did you acquire that knowledge?

Those are not easy questions to answer. Please deliberate carefully. I will pick your brain to pieces for proof of what you say.
  10. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 15:26
    You say you're a theist. What does that mean to you? What do you believe or know about God, and how did you acquire that knowledge?
    There's a whole thread dedicated to it, to which you contributed.
  11. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 15:281 edit
    So you don't believe the things I've said in the OP.
    That's right. I have absolutely no reason to believe the things you said in the OP. So I don't believe them.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 15:36
    There's a whole thread dedicated to it, to which you contributed.
    Yes, I remember the thread, but in it you were vague and provided no substantive reasons for your beliefs, and I didn't press the matter with you there.

But I am here in this thread.

Personally I have no problem with, and am not ashamed to reiterate what I believe in detail in every thread I post in.

I don't want to put you through too much trouble, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on just exactly what you believe and know about God, and how you arrived at those conclusions.
  13. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 15:41
    I don't want to put you through too much trouble, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on just exactly what you believe and know about God, and how you arrived at those conclusions.
    There's a whole thread dedicated to what you're asking me. I will decline to repeat here what I said there.

Besides, my thoughts on just exactly what I believe about God, and how I arrived at those conclusions would be totally off topic on this thread, which is entitled "Godlessness(Atheism)is Lifelessness", and which you yourself started.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 15:49
    There's a whole thread dedicated to what you're asking me. I will decline to repeat here what I said there.

Besides, my thoughts on just exactly what I believe about God, and how I arrived at those conclusions would be totally off topic on this thread, which is entitled "Godlessness(Atheism)is Lifelessness", and which you yourself started.
    You win! 😞
  15. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 18:013 edits

ator, it is the denial of the existence of life itself, and ultimately one's own existence.
    “...Godlessness, or atheism, is the denial of life. ...”

No. No atheists denies the existence of life. I do not deny the existence of life. I am alive. There exists life.
    By definition, atheists simply don't believe there is a god; that is ALL that is meant by “atheist” and is the only valid definition of “'atheist”.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

-no mention of atheists denying the existence of life there!

“...Atheism's definition of life is finite and materialistic....”

that logically contradicts your earlier statement that “ atheism, is the denial of life”; how can somebody give any definition to life that clearly implies it exists if they say it doesn't exist?

“...Atheism is rooted in selfishness. ...”

“atheism “does not mean “selfish”. I care for the handicapped, how does that contradict my disbelief that there exists a god?

“....At it's core there can be only the self for as long as it lives. ...”

are you talking about the supposed 'afterlife'? If so, what is “selfish” about not believing there is an afterlife?

“...
    The end of atheism is eternal death. Separation from life is atheism's goal and final resting place. ...”

it isn't the “goal” of atheism to die! 😛 there is no “goal” to any disbelief that there is an afterlife just there is no “goal” to any disbelief that there is a tooth fairy.

“...Atheism is thanklessness. For the atheist, all appreciation for anything is ultimately destined for eternal nonexistence, and therefore meaningless. ...”

why is life “meaningless” just because it is of finite length?

“...Atheism is darkness. There is no light of truth for the atheist because, for the atheist, truth has no meaning, ...”

if I know a statement that states the “truth” then I generally know what it “means”.

“...therefore the atheist has no purpose. ….”

we make our own purpose.

“...Atheism isn't really about the denial of the existence of a creator, it is the denial of the existence of life itself, and ultimately one's own existence. ...”

what do you mean? Life exists and I exists. I challenge you to show me an atheist that denies the existence of himself!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree