1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Sep '12 01:48
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Actually the comparison proves the point. The mention of factual entities in a non-factual account is common place and does not lend weight to the validity of any other part of the account.
    Well, at least you have advanced to the point of not claiming the entities mentioned are non-factual (fictional) , which gives more credence to the possibility that the accounts may also be factual.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Sep '12 02:22
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Does archeology purport that Mary was a virgin, in the true sense of being virginal, and do you believe she gave birth without intercourse?

-m.
    Maybe you should look up "archeology" for your question does not fall under the category of possible archeological discoveries.

I believe what is written in the Holy Bible is true if understood correctly.

Understanding the intended meaning is where the conflict arises among individuals. This was the reason for the early church councils to determine what would be the accepted meaning, since Peter said,

knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
    (2Peter 1:20-21 NKJV)

But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words...But these... speak evil of the things they do not understand.
    (2 Peter 2:1-3,12 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Sep '12 14:10
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Maybe you should look up "archeology" for your question does not fall under the category of possible archeological discoveries.

I believe what is written in the Holy Bible is true if understood correctly.

Understanding the intended meaning is where the conflict arises among individuals. This was the reason for the early church councils to determine wh ...[text shortened]... understand.

(2 Peter 2:1-3,12 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy![/b]
    That is a weak argument. Were the Church council infallible? The bible needs no defense, people may critique it but in the end it will be the judge.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Sep '12 15:18
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    That is a weak argument. Were the Church council infallible? The bible needs no defense, people may critique it but in the end it will be the judge.
    The Church council is not infallible, but Christ and the Holy Spirit are infallible. Christ told His church that what you bound on Earth shall be bound in Heaven. Therefore, I believe the Church council was inspired by the Holy Spirit, who God and Christ gave to us as our Helper. 😏

5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Sep '12 15:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Church council is not infallible, but Christ and the Holy Spirit are infallible. Christ told His church that what you bound on Earth shall be bound in Heaven. Therefore, I believe the Church council was inspired by the Holy Spirit, who God and Christ gave to us as our Helper. 😏

Yes, God and Christ are infallible, and yet Satan creeps in unnoticed, not by God but by humans. I see enough error in the bible to know it is not 100% infallible.
    It hurts me to say that, but it is true. But as I stated before, there is enough accuracy in there to get yourself born again and have a true relationship with God.
    The rest requires study, research and lots of prayer....🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree