God's Work

God's Work

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
08 Dec 12

Originally posted by wolfgang59
By definition it's not your job to do your boss's job.
And if you did do your boss's job ... who did yours?

And whoever did yours ... who did theirs?

And whoever did theirs ...

you get the picture. 😉
GIZZA JOB.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
08 Dec 12

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
GIZZA JOB.
see thread title

Moves
09 Dec 12

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
GIZZA JOB.
you sound like a boy from the black stuff.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
09 Dec 12

By definition it's not your job to do your boss's job.
And if you did do your boss's job ... who did yours?

And whoever did yours ... who did theirs?

And whoever did theirs ...

you get the picture. 😉
And suddenly we're not using the word 'work' anymore. 🙂

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Dec 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
And suddenly we're not using the word 'work' anymore. 🙂
if you do your boss's work ... who does your work?

And whoever does your work ... who does their work?

And whoever does their work ...

you get the picture.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
09 Dec 12

if you do your boss's work ... who does your work?

And whoever does your work ... who does their work?

And whoever does their work ...

you get the picture.
I do my boss's work, plus some of my work, and pawn off some of my other work on other people, and those people don't have enough work to keep them busy, so they are able to do both the work I have pawned off and their own work.

And if that whole chain of doing work fails, we have this great thing called 'slacking off' to fill the rest of the day.

Or this other thing called 'overtime' if we have more work than we can do in the normal time allotted.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Dec 12

I do my boss's work, plus some of my work, and pawn off some of my other work on other people, and those people don't have enough work to keep them busy, so they are able to do both the work I have pawned off and their own work.

And if that whole chain of doing work fails, we have this great thing called 'slacking off' to fill the rest of the d ...[text shortened]... r thing called 'overtime' if we have more work than we can do in the normal time allotted.
Thats one crazy system you have there!
Dont you have job descriptions? Contracts? Unions?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
09 Dec 12

Thats one crazy system you have there!
Dont you have job descriptions? Contracts? Unions?
What do those have to do with anything? 😵

F

Moves
09 Dec 12
1 edit

I am self-employed. If my work doesn't get done, I don't have anything to be boss of.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
09 Dec 12

Originally posted by FMF
I am self-employed. If my work doesn't get done, I don't have anything to be boss of.
That's where you need to be, at the top.

Be the BOSS.

Then you do no work, you just delegate everything.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Dec 12

And if that whole chain of doing work fails, we have this great thing called 'slacking off' to fill the rest of the d ...[text shortened]... r thing called 'overtime' if we have more work than we can do in the normal time allotted.
Or you could do what the people I work with do.

They slack off until overtime is called. By then, there's so much work to do that we (the next shift) can barely get it done. And they crack the whip on us because they don't want to call overtime on us. This is almost a daily occurrence, despite the fact that they are supposed to clear their operation by two full hours before their end of shift. And no one in upper management has the slightest clue what they're pulling almost every day. As a result, upper management seems to think that their shift (and not ours) is the more valuable shift to them, since obviously, they have so much work they can't get it done, while our shift is only for "clean-up" work.

"And so it goes..."

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Dec 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
Or you could do what the people I work with do.

They slack off until overtime is called. By then, there's so much work to do that we (the next shift) can barely get it done. And they crack the whip on us because they don't want to call overtime on us. This is almost a daily occurrence, despite the fact that they are supposed to clear their operation b ...[text shortened]... y can't get it done, while our shift is only for "clean-up" work.

"And so it goes..."
Overtime means more pay. Learn to work smart.