Going to Jail for Jesus!

Going to Jail for Jesus!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
27 Nov 06

There is an entire online book dedicated to this at http://goingtojail.embassyofheaven.com/

A quotation from the introduction follows, but, I'm most interested in what any of you have to think.

"If you have given your allegiance to Jesus Christ, and you live your beliefs, you will go to jail. It is inevitable because the world will hate you.

But why? What are those beliefs that land us in jail? Most people cannot fathom why taking Jesus as their personal Savior will land them in jail. What is the Gospel that we are preaching that makes the world hate us so?

Part of our Gospel is that we do not obtain permission from the State to do anything. Those who God commissions need not ask men for permission. Our permission and duties come from Above. If we have a duty from Above, then we do not need permission from below. And the world hates us for not seeking their approval. They claim we are evildoers and throw us in jail...."

OP

liar.

Moves
28 Nov 06

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
There is an entire online book dedicated to this at http://goingtojail.embassyofheaven.com/

A quotation from the introduction follows, but, I'm most interested in what any of you have to think.

"If you have given your allegiance to Jesus Christ, and you live your beliefs, you will go to jail. It is inevitable because the world will hate you.
...[text shortened]... ates us for not seeking their approval. They claim we are evildoers and throw us in jail...."
LOL, how many virgins do you get for doing time?

Cape Town

Moves
28 Nov 06

...[text shortened]... ates us for not seeking their approval. They claim we are evildoers and throw us in jail...."
Was it written by an inmate or by someone who does not live by what he preaches?

OP

liar.

Moves
28 Nov 06

Originally posted by twhitehead
Was it written by an inmate or by someone who does not live by what he preaches?
It doesn't really matter who wrote it. It's written by an idiot.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
28 Nov 06

Originally posted by Orange Peel
It doesn't really matter who wrote it. It's written by an idiot.
Come now, its a fantastic and extremely thourough guide to civil disobedience. This whole site is a veritable gold mine of wisdom!

I just stumbled across a great article that seriously suggests that your Social Security Number is the mark of the beast. GOLD!

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
28 Nov 06

Come now, its a fantastic and extremely thourough guide to civil disobedience. This whole site is a veritable gold mine of wisdom!

I just stumbled across a great article that seriously suggests that your Social Security Number is the mark of the beast. GOLD!
To be fair, it's the most badass bit of Christian silliness I've ever seen.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
28 Nov 06

But why? What are those beliefs that land us in jail? Most people cannot fathom why taking Jesus as their personal Savior will land them in jail. What is the Gospel that we are preaching that makes the world hate us so?

Part of our Gospel is th ...[text shortened]... hates us for not seeking their approval. They claim we are evildoers and throw us in jail...."[/b]
Sounds like something Kent Hovind would sign on to. That's basically the way he went about dealing with the IRS and land authorities.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
28 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by telerion
Sounds like something Kent Hovind would sign on to. That's basically the way he went about dealing with the IRS and land authorities.
Apparently acquiring a license plate for your car will ensure your place in Hell.

So on the list of things that will have you burning in the 7th plane of Hell:
- gay sex
- murder
- adultery
- license plates
- drivers licenses
- SSN's
- paying taxes
- diddling kids... oh, hang on... that's still OK.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
30 Nov 06

Apparently acquiring a license plate for your car will ensure your place in Hell.

So on the list of things that will have you burning in the 7th plane of Hell:
- gay sex
- murder
- adultery
- license plates
- drivers licenses
- SSN's
- paying taxes
- diddling kids... oh, hang on... that's still OK.
But only if they're straight kids!

g
Wayward Soul

Your Blackened Sky

Moves
04 Dec 06
1 edit

the bit that says we do not need to get authority from people on earth of kinda silly. the bible says we should follow the laws of the land. so if that means we should, i dunno, get a visa to go to america then we should do! we shouldn't sneak in the back door if it's denied...

i think the author has got confused. the bible says that the church shall be persecuted, which it is. the bible is also very close to the bone for many people, and so the world does often hate christians. but i do not think the hatered comes from not adhering to the law. i think it comes, if anything, from not adhering to society. it does not say that every christian shall go to jail. if that was so, then there are very few christians in the world...

EDIT: reading that over i'm not sure if it'll make sense to anyone other than me. However, i can't think how to write it any other way. This may have something to do with the distinct lack of sleep i've had in the past few days. it may also be because i sat outside for an hour in the freezing cold and icy wind wearing not very much in an attempt to sell tickets for a play, or it may be because i have long hair. i just don't know...

Cape Town

Moves
04 Dec 06

Originally posted by genius
i think the author has got confused. the bible says that the church shall be persecuted, which it is. the bible is also very close to the bone for many people, and so the world does often hate christians. but i do not think the hatered comes from not adhering to the law. i think it comes, if anything, from not adhering to society. it does not say that every christian shall go to jail. if that was so, then there are very few christians in the world...
Are you serious? The Church is persecuted? The World hates Christians? Christians do not adhere to society? Where do you live?