1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 Sep '17 16:33
    Good works outside of Jesus Christ alone are actually wicked works because your trusting in yourself instead of the finished work of Jesus Christ.
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    01 Sep '17 16:41
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    Good works outside of Jesus Christ alone are actually wicked works because your trusting in yourself instead of the finished work of Jesus Christ.
    I'll do you the credit of assuming that this statement is just fishing for responses. I'm sure you couldn't possibly be stupid enough to actually think this.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Sep '17 17:40
    Indeed. Yesterday in fact, inspired by nothing more than my atheistic humanity, I helped an elderly lady to her feet who had tripped over the curb.

Please pass on my apologies to Jesus for my wicked act.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Sep '17 19:08
    There are good works that do not lead to salvation and good works that do not lead to salvation.

Impossible for man to discern. It is only God who gets to decide which category to which each Good Work belongs.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 Sep '17 19:37
    Originally posted by @eladar
    There are good works that do not lead to salvation and good works that do not lead to salvation.

Impossible for man to discern. It is only God who gets to decide which category to which each Good Work belongs.
    🙂
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Sep '17 19:44
    Altruism doesn't exist argument?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Sep '17 13:56
    I'd like to know how you justify this comment.

All "good" works glorify God, because God is the origin of all things that are "good".

How can there be "good" works that are "outside of Jesus Christ"? Give some examples. If one is doing something God would not approve of, how is it a "good" work?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Sep '17 13:58
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Altruism doesn't exist argument?
    Don't send us all down that rabbit hole again.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Sep '17 14:22
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    I'd like to know how you justify this comment.

All "good" works glorify God, because God is the origin of all things that are "good".

How can there be "good" works that are "outside of Jesus Christ"? Give some examples. If one is doing something God would not approve of, how is it a "good" work?
    It isn't the good works that grant eternal life.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Sep '17 14:45
    Originally posted by @eladar
    It isn't the good works that grant eternal life.
    Captain Obvious strikes again.

This conversation isn't about eternal life. It's about good works.

Why do you have to twist what people say into what you want to hear?

Start showing some common respect to what people say, instead of always bastardizing it to fit your agenda. While you're at it, do the same with the Bible.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Sep '17 14:511 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Captain Obvious strikes again.

This conversation isn't about eternal life. It's about good works.

Why do you have to twist what people say into what you want to hear?

Start showing some common respect to what people say, instead of always bastardizing it to fit your agenda. While you're at it, do the same with the Bible.
    Obviously Mr. Hill was talking about salvation. Evidently he believes somehow what is actually good and is actually evil is tied to salvation.

I guess he isn't obvious enough for you. You are lucky to have me around to explain stuff for you.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Sep '17 14:53
    What difference does it make to people who do good works while not believing in Jesus, if people who do believe in Jesus think that those works are "wicked"? While you're at it, what difference does it make to those people who believe in Jesus?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree